JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Identify this fish

• Chinook

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Coho

Votes: 35 77.8%
  • Steelhead

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters
You can tell you've hooked a Steelhead by the way if fights after you've set the hook.
They fight and fight hard all the way to the bank or boat. Coho's are feisty at first, but tend to wear down rather quickly, especially if they made it up into freshwater.

You can tell you've hooked a Steelhead by the way if fights after you've set the hook.
They fight and fight hard all the way to the bank or boat. Coho's are feisty at first, but tend to wear down rather quickly, especially if they made it up into freshwater.
The fish I caught, and my daughter's coho only fought up to about five minutes. My buddies fish in the picture fought hard.

Don't you fellas know a sturgeon when you see one?

Seriously. I think it's just a rainbow trout like this one I caught at Fern Ridge a couple of weeks ago.

Ferncarp2.jpg

LOL, is that a carp or cat?
RAINBOW TROUT! Can't you read???!!! :s0109:

LOL. When my kids were little, we would take the raft out on Dexter Reservoir and slay the pike minnows. I always told them they were rainbow trout.

The picture is a carp. We did catch a few cats that day, but they were under 6 inches. I was with my grown son, and we were just there for the entertainment, not food. I was actually shocked at the fight that carp put up. I was using some ultralight equipment and he was stripping line like crazy.

I could only contribute humor to your thread, because a fisherman I ain't. I dearly love to hunt, but I've only gone fishing twice this year, which is probably once more than my yearly average. I'll probably do a little more in the future. As the hunting gets poorer, my son is gravitating toward fishing and keeps inviting me along.

If you try and pick up a coho salmon by the tail and try to hold it nose down you will drop it because it has a slick tail.
Kings, humpies, sockeye and steelhead all have a flared tail that you can grip.
This was explained to me by a hatchery worker that has handled hundreds of thousands of fish and I believe him because he showed me. :s0037:

The fish in question is no doubt, a Coho.

If you try and pick up a coho salmon by the tail and try to hold it nose down you will drop it because it has a slick tail.
Kings, humpies, sockeye and steelhead all have a flared tail that you can grip.
This was explained to me by a hatchery worker that has handled hundreds of thousands of fish and I believe him because he showed me. :s0037:

The fish in question is no doubt, a Coho.
If you do a piss poor job netting a coho, it will, given the chance, jump out of your kayak.

That sounds like more of a personal problem, but one day they'll probably have a pill for that.

Ohh... "netting". NVM ;)
I don't know about the rest of the inebriates on here, but I don't want to know what you do with your fish. What happens in your kayak, stays in your kayak :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top