JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the 50s & 60s there were various references to an Idaho check station similar to the fruit/produce check Cali had in those days....Fearless Farris for one, had (subtle) advertising signs out in the desert advising mandatory dip station was just down the road.

One featured a convenient collection of small boulders represented as "petrified watermelons".

I have yet to meet a Californian here in Idaho that did not hate with a passion what CA has become and the liberal mindset which caused it to happen.

That being said, the Californians moving here with deeeep pockets have provided a golden opportunity for Idaho property owners to cash in big time. When they hear things like, $600k for that house with $300/month HOA dues? Sweet, now that is a bargain!!!

For the normal Idaho resident or Oregon transplant, it has become a nightmare finding a decent home at a once reasonable price.

As one person stated so wisely, 'It is a double edged sword and I have mixed emotions...kind of like watching the mother-in-law drive off a cliff in her Cadillac.

Well my situation is, we paid $267,000 for our place. Built a shop, and then paid off the whole mortgage. It's worth maybe $500-550 now.
But we aren't moving. So I'd like it to be worth 1 dollar. Taxes even in county cost us about $3,000 a year now. 5 years ago was $1,100.
We don't believe in movin on up! All costs go up with that.

It's funny how that toilet paper of a news paper doesn't get the actual issue. We have the same problem here in Bend/Redmond; droves of Californians. It's not the housing costs that get under our skins. It's the shift in political ideologies. Californians come and vote in larger gas taxes, horrible public transportation bills, anti gun and hunting laws, low income housing and other welfare state laws, and plenty of land use conservation laws.
They are politically active in the worst way and fundamentally change our way of life to become the exact reason they left Ca.

Seems Calinornian's are just in need of a new host. If they truly left because of what CA became, why would they attempt to replicate it?

Didn't click... it was just last year that all the news outlets, and Realtors, were saying how much they LOVE the Californians moving in and how they're not different than anyone else.

Don't Californians complain about gentrification?

Uh, that's Portlanders...

I have yet to meet a Californian here in Idaho that did not hate with a passion what CA has become and the liberal mindset which caused it to happen.

Maybe, but why do they vote for the same policies and types of people that caused the problem? I have yet to meet a new transplant that didn't want to lecture us rednecks about how things things are supposed to be done. :rolleyes:

Not sure if my opinion is valid since I'm not native.

The only natives crossed the land bridge from Kamchatka a zillion years ago. All others are wannabe's.

In one of our Texas grocery stores, in front of the deli counter, was a platter of free samples of cheese with toothpicks in them for convenience of sampling.

I was gnawing on one of the samples when a woman sidled up next to me then proceeded to sneer at the 'freebie' samples platter stating: "That's against the law in california".

So, I munched for a few seconds and asked her "what's keeping you here"?

She gave me an open mouth look of dismay and quickly walked away...yes, women can be jerks too. Especially, when they come from kommiefornia with kommiefornia airs of superiority...

Seems Calinornian's are just in need of a new host. If they truly left because of what CA became, why would they attempt to replicate it?
Failure to process if this then that logic, even if not using causes but instead correlations and probabilities.

Millions upon Millions of people are growing up in a societal bubble, not learning history or the political ideas that have shaped the world from the Magna Carta on up to today. Have you seen the street interviews in CA asking people who the first president was? Epic fail, one after the other. People don't know even that, let alone names like John Locke, Adam Smith, Kant, or (probably) even Plato.

But, I bet you they know Jacques Derrida. And if someone is so entrenched in these philosophies, then they would see that California's problems are the results of some oppressive figment in the aether - something that their philosophies fight against. They'd simply see Idaho as even worse than California, from that perspective...never able to grasp that it is they who are, in fact, the terror of their own lands.

I wonder...would it be an infringement on rights or liberty to force a waiting period for state and local elections? Something like all new residents to the state may not register to vote or vote in any state or local election for a period of 5 years...?

In one of our Texas grocery stores, in front of the deli counter, was a platter of free samples of cheese with toothpicks in them for convenience of sampling.

I was gnawing on one of the samples when a woman sidled up next to me then proceeded to sneer at the 'freebie' samples platter stating: "That's against the law in california".

So, I munched for a few seconds and asked her "what's keeping you here"?

She gave me an open mouth look of dismay and quickly walked away...yes, women can be jerks too. Especially, when they come from kommiefornia with kommiefornia airs of superiority...

Free samples keep my daughter (toddler) sane while I'm at the grocery store trying to stock up. Long live free samples!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top