JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am an Oregon resident interested in getting an Idaho enhanced concealed handgun license and was wondering if there were any Idaho residents here that could recommend an instructor. Would be looking in the Boise/Meridian area as that's the most convenient area coming from Oregon.

Ideally we would like to take the class on a Sunday so we can have our appointment with the Ada County office on a Monday. We are not opposed to doing a private class if it's reasonably priced. Thanks in advance!

I took the Idaho Enhanced CCW course from Idaho Firearms Classes, back in January 2020. The class was held at the Black's Creek Public Shootimg Range in Kuna, ID, just outside of Boise. The class was informative and the instructor, Joe Torok, was professional and very helpful. There will be range time, which is basically shooting 50 rounds to the target with your semiautomatic handgun. Pretty much, this class took my whole Saturday to complete it. I highly recommend Idaho Firearms Classes (www.idahofirearmsclasses.com).

Really....LOL. OMG!!!! "Enhanced CCW?" Is it like......so I'll be allowed to use a semi-automatic firearm where as w/o it, I could only use a revolver?

Seems like we'll all soon NEED a double tiered citizenship authorization/test too.:s0092: Rrrrright....... why not a five tiered (or six, seven or more tiers) citizenship? Upon the passing of each level......you'll be allowed a little more FREEDOM.

IMHO....
There is something WRONG with that concept and I don't even know anything about it. Because all citizens should be allowed to CCW without a lic/permission from the Govt.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Really....LOL. OMG!!!! "Enhanced CCW?" Is it like......so I'll be allowed to use a semi-automatic firearm where as w/o it, I could only use a revolver?

Seems like we'll all soon NEED a double tiered citizenship authorization/test too.:s0092: Rrrrright....... why not a five tiered (or six, seven or more tiers) citizenship? Upon the passing of each level......you'll be allowed a little more FREEDOM.

IMHO....
There is something WRONG with that concept and I don't even know anything about it. Because all citizens should be allowed to CCW without a lic/permission from the Govt.

Aloha, Mark
Idaho standard can be issued to a person 18 and older enhanced must be 21 or older.
Many of the states that recognize the Idaho enhanced would not recognize the earlier ccw .
FWIW Idaho is constitutional carry for 18 and over, most of us get our enhanced for carry out of state and purchasing. So Idaho is double tiered based on age.

To the OP make sure of the sheriff stations hours. Up north our sheriffs office only accepts application one day of the week.

OK.....so I thought I've heard before......about "Constitutional Carry" when speaking to my son in AZ.

He said that AZ has a Constitutional Carry provision in the AZ Law. He didn't have to take any formal class. BUT.....
He had to be a non-prohibited person over 21 years of age (for concealed carry) and prove some training....he is currently 22 and active duty military so no problem there. And.....he had to submit some papers and fingerprints.

WTF?????? So......in other words.....AZ has a record of your (name, address and physical description) and your fingerprints.

How is that......"CONSTITUTIONAL"?

Whatever happened to TRUTH IN ADVERTIZING? Rrrrrright......:s0092:

"......the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Next thing you know.....
Anyone wanting to attend a church (aka: house of worship) will have to "register" first.

You know.....to keep track of those Islamist Extremists (in the name of public safety).

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
OK.....so I thought I've heard before......about "Constitutional Carry" when speaking to my son in AZ.

He said that AZ has a Constitutional Carry provision in the AZ Law. He didn't have to take any formal class. BUT.....
He had to be a non-prohibited person over 21 years of age (for concealed carry) and prove some training....he is currently 22 and active duty military so no problem there. And.....he had to submit some papers and fingerprints.

WTF?????? So......in other words.....AZ has a record of your (name, address and physical description) and your fingerprints.

How is that......"CONSTITUTIONAL"?

Whatever happened to TRUTH IN ADVERTIZING? Rrrrrright......:s0092:

"......the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Next thing you know.....
Anyone wanting to attend a church (aka: house of worship) will have to "register" first.

You know.....to keep track of those Islamist Extremists (in the name of public safety).

Aloha, Mark

In both states you have constitutional carry but you can also choose to get a permit so you can carry in other states. States rights and all.

Pretty sure I took mine with Legal Heat, I think they do Sunday classes and the live fire portion is at Blacks Creek. The whole thing might be there now, they built a nice building. I have an enhanced ID license so I don't have to wait for background checks, and it gives me a lot of states that Oregon doesn't have reciprocity with.

Pretty sure I took mine with Legal Heat, I think they do Sunday classes and the live fire portion is at Blacks Creek. The whole thing might be there now, they built a nice building. I have an enhanced ID license so I don't have to wait for background checks, and it gives me a lot of states that Oregon doesn't have reciprocity with.

Thanks! Do you know if there is any county that doesn't require you to go in twice?

I took the Idaho Enhanced CCW course from Idaho Firearms Classes, back in January 2020. The class was held at the Black's Creek Public Shootimg Range in Kuna, ID, just outside of Boise. The class was informative and the instructor, Joe Torok, was professional and very helpful. There will be range time, which is basically shooting 50 rounds to the target with your semiautomatic handgun. Pretty much, this class took my whole Saturday to complete it. I highly recommend Idaho Firearms Classes (www.idahofirearmsclasses.com).
+1
Took this class too from Joe.
Whole-heartedly recommend.
Legal instruction, situational evaluation, range test. With Oregon and Idaho, I went from ~17 states to 36.

Dang. That makes it super expensive to do this :(
FWIW before the Idaho enhanced was developed Washington did not recognize Idaho's cwl. In those days many of us had an Idaho resident and a Utah non-resident.
May want to look into Utah, never needed to set foot in their state to receive it. Wife still retains a Utah as she hasn't yet upgraded her Idaho.

FWIW before the Idaho enhanced was developed Washington did not recognize Idaho's cwl. In those days many of us had an Idaho resident and a Utah non-resident.
May want to look into Utah, never needed to set foot in their state to receive it. Wife still retains a Utah as she hasn't yet upgraded her Idaho.
Thanks for the advice, I have taken the Utah class but the reason I'm interested in Idaho enhanced is because it covers more states than Utah, including a few that usually only accept resident permits.

May not be exactly where you are looking but I case someone else reads this and Is interested I thought I would mention it.

I Took a class with Darrel Bratton, company is insight firearms training. The class was in Coeur d Alene, fee was $90. Fired 100 rounds, had about 15 people in the class. Darrel is a police officer, I found his experience very helpful and he pointed out many things that I had not thought of with regard To carrying. One suggestion here, even if you plan to carry a small sub compact pistol, bring a full size with multiple mags for the class. A couple people had their sub compacts and spent more time loading mags than shooting.

For my license I used the Benewah Sherriffs office in St Marie's, ID. Darrel pointed out in the class that if we use Kootenai county it will likely take 90+ days but using one of the smaller offices we would likely get the license sooner. I dropped off my paperwork and was fingerprinted the week of Halloween and I went back to pickup my license after approval the week of Thanksgiving.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top