Idaho Enhanced CHL instructor recommendation

Reactions
I am an Oregon resident interested in getting an Idaho enhanced concealed handgun license and was wondering if there were any Idaho residents here that could recommend an instructor. Would be looking in the Boise/Meridian area as that's the most convenient area coming from Oregon.

Ideally we would like to take the class on a Sunday so we can have our appointment with the Ada County office on a Monday. We are not opposed to doing a private class if it's reasonably priced. Thanks in advance!

Reactions
I took the Idaho Enhanced CCW course from Idaho Firearms Classes, back in January 2020. The class was held at the Black's Creek Public Shootimg Range in Kuna, ID, just outside of Boise. The class was informative and the instructor, Joe Torok, was professional and very helpful. There will be range time, which is basically shooting 50 rounds to the target with your semiautomatic handgun. Pretty much, this class took my whole Saturday to complete it. I highly recommend Idaho Firearms Classes (www.idahofirearmsclasses.com).

ma96782

Reactions
Really....LOL. OMG!!!! "Enhanced CCW?" Is it like......so I'll be allowed to use a semi-automatic firearm where as w/o it, I could only use a revolver?

Seems like we'll all soon NEED a double tiered citizenship authorization/test too.:s0092: Rrrrright....... why not a five tiered (or six, seven or more tiers) citizenship? Upon the passing of each level......you'll be allowed a little more FREEDOM.

IMHO....
There is something WRONG with that concept and I don't even know anything about it. Because all citizens should be allowed to CCW without a lic/permission from the Govt.

Aloha, Mark

Last edited:
Reactions
Really....LOL. OMG!!!! "Enhanced CCW?" Is it like......so I'll be allowed to use a semi-automatic firearm where as w/o it, I could only use a revolver?

Seems like we'll all soon NEED a double tiered citizenship authorization/test too.:s0092: Rrrrright....... why not a five tiered (or six, seven or more tiers) citizenship? Upon the passing of each level......you'll be allowed a little more FREEDOM.

IMHO....
There is something WRONG with that concept and I don't even know anything about it. Because all citizens should be allowed to CCW without a lic/permission from the Govt.

Aloha, Mark
Idaho standard can be issued to a person 18 and older enhanced must be 21 or older.
Many of the states that recognize the Idaho enhanced would not recognize the earlier ccw .
FWIW Idaho is constitutional carry for 18 and over, most of us get our enhanced for carry out of state and purchasing. So Idaho is double tiered based on age.

To the OP make sure of the sheriff stations hours. Up north our sheriffs office only accepts application one day of the week.

ma96782

Reactions
OK.....so I thought I've heard before......about "Constitutional Carry" when speaking to my son in AZ.

He said that AZ has a Constitutional Carry provision in the AZ Law. He didn't have to take any formal class. BUT.....
He had to be a non-prohibited person over 21 years of age (for concealed carry) and prove some training....he is currently 22 and active duty military so no problem there. And.....he had to submit some papers and fingerprints.

WTF?????? So......in other words.....AZ has a record of your (name, address and physical description) and your fingerprints.

How is that......"CONSTITUTIONAL"?

Whatever happened to TRUTH IN ADVERTIZING? Rrrrrright......:s0092:

"......the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Next thing you know.....
Anyone wanting to attend a church (aka: house of worship) will have to "register" first.

You know.....to keep track of those Islamist Extremists (in the name of public safety).

Aloha, Mark

Last edited:
OP
D
Reactions
OK.....so I thought I've heard before......about "Constitutional Carry" when speaking to my son in AZ.

He said that AZ has a Constitutional Carry provision in the AZ Law. He didn't have to take any formal class. BUT.....
He had to be a non-prohibited person over 21 years of age (for concealed carry) and prove some training....he is currently 22 and active duty military so no problem there. And.....he had to submit some papers and fingerprints.

WTF?????? So......in other words.....AZ has a record of your (name, address and physical description) and your fingerprints.

How is that......"CONSTITUTIONAL"?

Whatever happened to TRUTH IN ADVERTIZING? Rrrrrright......:s0092:

"......the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Next thing you know.....
Anyone wanting to attend a church (aka: house of worship) will have to "register" first.

You know.....to keep track of those Islamist Extremists (in the name of public safety).

Aloha, Mark
In both states you have constitutional carry but you can also choose to get a permit so you can carry in other states. States rights and all.

Reactions
Pretty sure I took mine with Legal Heat, I think they do Sunday classes and the live fire portion is at Blacks Creek. The whole thing might be there now, they built a nice building. I have an enhanced ID license so I don't have to wait for background checks, and it gives me a lot of states that Oregon doesn't have reciprocity with.

OP
D
Reactions
Pretty sure I took mine with Legal Heat, I think they do Sunday classes and the live fire portion is at Blacks Creek. The whole thing might be there now, they built a nice building. I have an enhanced ID license so I don't have to wait for background checks, and it gives me a lot of states that Oregon doesn't have reciprocity with.
Thanks! Do you know if there is any county that doesn't require you to go in twice?

Reactions
I took the Idaho Enhanced CCW course from Idaho Firearms Classes, back in January 2020. The class was held at the Black's Creek Public Shootimg Range in Kuna, ID, just outside of Boise. The class was informative and the instructor, Joe Torok, was professional and very helpful. There will be range time, which is basically shooting 50 rounds to the target with your semiautomatic handgun. Pretty much, this class took my whole Saturday to complete it. I highly recommend Idaho Firearms Classes (www.idahofirearmsclasses.com).
+1
Took this class too from Joe.
Whole-heartedly recommend.
Legal instruction, situational evaluation, range test. With Oregon and Idaho, I went from ~17 states to 36.

Reactions
Dang. That makes it super expensive to do this :(
FWIW before the Idaho enhanced was developed Washington did not recognize Idaho's cwl. In those days many of us had an Idaho resident and a Utah non-resident.
May want to look into Utah, never needed to set foot in their state to receive it. Wife still retains a Utah as she hasn't yet upgraded her Idaho.

OP
D
Reactions
FWIW before the Idaho enhanced was developed Washington did not recognize Idaho's cwl. In those days many of us had an Idaho resident and a Utah non-resident.
May want to look into Utah, never needed to set foot in their state to receive it. Wife still retains a Utah as she hasn't yet upgraded her Idaho.
Thanks for the advice, I have taken the Utah class but the reason I'm interested in Idaho enhanced is because it covers more states than Utah, including a few that usually only accept resident permits.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
Top Bottom