JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The more I look into prices of loaded ammo and componants for handloading (Whatever that is?) I think I will be sticking with my .357. Heavier projectiles, on the shelf everywhere, and low pressure .38sp kills racoons in my garbage can fine. Allow I did score a Smith and Wesson 43-C J frame 8 shot 22lr from a member here that has become my go to in the yard critter gitter.

The attitude here seems to be "I'll use a bigger hammer". While that works, the .32 fills an important "in between" niche that is a neglected area between the .38 S&W Special and the .22 WMR. Since you can't reload a rimfire cartridge everyone wants to move up to a 110+ grain .357" projectile. There's a broad area between the two that the .312" projectiles fill rather nicely.

I have 3 .32 caliber revolvers that shoot very well. While they aren't "big boomers" they are accurate and are great fun to shoot. These handguns won't "rock the neighborhood" every time I pull the trigger, they get the job done with finesse.

I think that as American shooters, we have lost our sense of finesse and have replaced it with excessive power for the application. We tend to swat flies with a sledge hammer.

And BTW, the .327 IMO stinks as a cartridge. Sure, it comes out fast, but the projectile is mediocre, the round is expensive and hard to find and really how many off-the-shelf guns are chambered in it? Just what we need, another exotic cartridge that's too expensive to enjoy. Unless you do whatever "handloading" is.:rolleyes:

If I was gonna have a dog in this fight, I'd choose .22TCM. At least you get a nice fireball and pretty much no recoil shooting it. Now that's an exotic I can get behind. And with the right load will deliver more energy than the .327 Mag. Yawn.

Why not wait for a revolver in .30 carbine? :rolleyes:

That was done 49 years ago and not as a double action revolver. The rimless .30 Carbine is great but doesn't work as well in a D/A revolver without "moon clips". The diameter of the .30 Carbine projectiles are .308", not .312". While the difference may not seem like much, it may be enough to disrupt the .32 caliber's reputation for "gilt edge" accuracy. At rifle-pressure levels, I'll stick with the consistent performance of the 312" slugs.

The Alfa Proj* in .32 Long is kinda-sorta-not-really along those lines and it could only run .32 S&W and .32 S&W Long. They do make them in .22 WMR, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, 9mm Luger, etc., but not those two .32 Mag-o-ramas.

Anyone here own/handle/shoot one of these Czech revolvers, that can speak from direct experience on their build quality?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top