JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While I will not partake in the trading of arms, I will attend to show my support AGAINST I-594. It looks like the Facebook event has been nuked. Last I heard it was up to 3,300 attendees but cannot currently access the page.

The page is still there, but Gavin changed it to invite and friends of the invited only. I recommended he change it back and deal with whatever trolls show up on a case by case basis. I think exposure is more important than the ever present trolls.

The page is still there, but Gavin changed it to invite and friends of the invited only. I recommended he change it back and deal with whatever trolls show up on a case by case basis. I think exposure is more important than the ever present trolls.

He really needs to change it back. While I will not PERSONALLY register publicly on the event, I AM going to attend. There are several websites which link to that event...it could give individuals the impression that the event is cancelled because of the event permissions being changed.

He might not be the one that changed a thing I fear
Probably not. Facebook is anti-2A.

Exactly right. FB is very much anti 2A. He would be better off posting on Reddit or link to a picture with the details somewhere like photobucket or imgur rather than risk having it shutdown on FB which is happening daily to firearm related pages on FB.

Maybe MySpace has a window of opportunity to return to social media relevence :rolleyes:

courage is fine, it's his tactics that are going to backfire.

gav was stating they were going to protest by openly violating the law.

if you just sit around handing a gun around in a circle, LEO is going to do NOTHING. MDA/WAGR is going to claim a victory, saying "see! we told you merely handing a gun to someone is not a transfer! HAW HAW HAW", and you're going to all look foolish in front of the media.

if you openly do private sales, well, i hope you have a good criminal defense attorney. you're going to lose your voting rights, your gun rights, and with a felony on your record quite likely lose your job. plus you'll be essentialy un-employable for a long time. up to you to decide if it's worth it.

absent a WA AG opinion that handing a gun to someone is a transfer under I-594, your 'civil disobedience' is going to backfire.

get a WA AG opinion that handing a gun to someone is a transfer under I-594. THEN do your civil disobedience and challenge it in the courts.

otherwise, this is just going to backfire and you're all going to look foolish.

not to mention this is going to be overrun by idiots in camo with slung AKs, providing plenty of photo ops for the media. you're going to give them exactly what they want so they have even more source material to show gun owners as irresponsible and scary.

you're playing right into bloomberg's hands, doing his PR work for him.

you want to do something that actually makes a difference? donate to the SAF and the NRA. write or call your legislators.

Doesn't bother me if someone openly sells a firearm in a private transaction... this law isn't of value to be abided by. There are still over 100,000 firearm owners in Connecticut that have not registered their semi auto/high cap mags & are presumed felons at this time. They go on with their lives as they always have because ignoring laws like that one & 594 is the only respectful thing one can do for the Constitution. Fighting it in the courts is in the governments ballpark. Ignoring the law completely & going on with your day is all that's needed, until it isn't.

Here's the problem... a large number of under-informed center and right don't know about the Zuckerberg Agenda, or only look at how useful they think it is. Pragmatism over principle... or as I like to call it, "the courage of their convenience."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top