JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...What SUCKS is the stupid regulations around shipping stuff.... WHY can't we just use USPS to ship any firearm? They could require it go to an FFL Dealer, just like when its an over the counter deal. Their Flat Rate Box goes to any US Zip for twelve bucks.... in two, maybe three days..

The "flat rate for twelve bucks" service offered by the USPS means they stick the package in your mailbox and drive away. It isnt guranteed, and you dont get a signature. If you want a signature and proof of delivery, you will pay a lot more than twelve bucks....and the person receiving the package will normally wind up having to drive down to the Post Office and stand in line to pick it up, versus having it delivered to their doorstep or place of business.

UPS and FedEx are legally prohibited from putting anything in a mailbox...so comparisons with the Post Office are apples to oranges.

One other thing to bear in mind...the USPS has a legal monopoly on the delivery of First Class Mail. Therefore, they can charge whatever they want for this service without any competition and use that revenue to artificially decrease their rates for parcels. The USPS also does not have to pay taxes or deal with many of the labor laws and other regulations that private companies like UPS and FedEx must follow. In many cases, this gives them an unfair competitive advantage at the taxpayers expense.

I had to send my 500 back to Smith & Wesson last year. Since I bought it new they even paid for the overnight shipping back to them. Like Para Ordnance they told me not to put the company name on the box. When the guns arrived back to me, the one from Para said PO and the one from Smith said SAW.
I was told not to mark it anyway that would define it as a firearm, but had to tell the driver that it was a gun.

When UPS says "Next Day" they mean next business day. You can pay more for Saturday delivery in some areas, but that's a different story.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top