JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dogsharks dont need anything really stiffer than what you would use for chinook fishing. My dad wound break out the UglyStick trout special for a couple every now and then.
We used smelt that my dad and his friends would catch smelt dipping.

I always catch and release too, let some one else have some fun. It takes a long time for a shark to grow to "exciting" size, give them a chance to make it to "holy bubblegum" size.

My offer still stands to someone with a boat going for tuna or sharks ill pay 300.00 towards fuel or what ever to catch a ride I really would like someone knowlageable about shark fishing but not a must, I have all my own gear minus bait or if 2-3 other guys want we can charter a boat specifically for sharks in pacific city

I just go for large dog sharks in Puget Sound out of my kayak. A rod, 50lb braid, 30lb mono leader, and a weighted plug cut rig. Hooked one off a dock one time in 8 feet of water. They aren't super big but still lots of fun to catch.

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

The last one I managed to catch was in the 1970s....Pearl Harbor. Hammerhead. Back then, killin' sharks was considered "helping" the local fishermen. Besides, it took my bait. So, I figured it needed killing. And I was still a teen and there was no way I was getting close to those teeth.

Shark teeth jewelry. Yup, stay away from those. They can still cut you, even after the death of the shark. Don't ask me how I know that.

In my latter years, I used to work on the north shore of Oahu. I can remember a time when a surfer went "missing" while body surfing. His boogy board was recovered with a nice "C" shaped cut out of the frt end. Never found the body. Some scientist from the University commented that it was likely the work of a shark (about a 15 footer).

I have this desire to "hunt" sharks like in the movie "Islands In The Stream" or "Jaws." But, the sharks don't have to be so big. LOL. Now....bust out that M1 Garand!

A BAR would be even better.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR