JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
DOLLA DOLLA BILLS YOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I shot a certain persons hi-point and it lived up to the hype. However I still have all my fingers and hands, i did pee a bit when squeezing that 15 lb trigger.

Not gonna lie though, when I saw the title I thought of this:

highpoint9mm.jpg

I hear hi point, I think what's the point?

So many other way nicer guns out there for very little extra if any.
Right now for pistols, yes, Hi Point has to compete with SCCY, Taurus, and a couple others who are reducing their prices while HP still hasn't..... but for carbines....well....that's a little difficult to achieve regarding Pistol Caliber carbines :rolleyes: However, for what some people want to sell their .45 carbines, you could build up a basic 5.56 AR nowadays. BUT for what the 9mm carbines sell for, for the most part...one would be very hard pressed to find a semiautomatic anything except 12ga shotguns and .22LR carbines for the same price (anywhere from $150 to $260 depending on how desperate the seller is ). Bolt actions though..... plenty.

EDIT: Find me a $300something semiauto centerfire pistol caliber carbine that's not branded Hi Point and is available in the United States :cool:

I'm aware one could build a 5.56 carbine for about $350 if they shop around judiciously; heck my two AR builds were under $500 each lol.

Like mentioned in another thread, Obama's administration was certainly a great time for the market to bring affordable semiautomatic centerfire pistol caliber carbine designs into the game, or for Ruger to bring back PC-9 and PC-40 and possibly PC-45 and price them just a little higher than the Hi Points..... Heck, Marlin could've brought back their Camp Carbines during these last few years and made a killing off them when AR15 prices were in panic mode.

Last Edited:
Right now for pistols, yes, Hi Point has to compete with SCCY, Taurus, and a couple others who are reducing their prices while HP still hasn't..... but for carbines....well....that's a little difficult to achieve regarding Pistol Caliber carbines :rolleyes: However, for what some people want to sell their .45 carbines, you could build up a basic 5.56 AR nowadays. BUT for what the 9mm carbines sell for, for the most part...one would be very hard pressed to find a semiautomatic anything except 12ga shotguns and .22LR carbines for the same price (anywhere from $150 to $260 depending on how desperate the seller is ). Bolt actions though..... plenty.

EDIT: Find me a $300something semiauto centerfire pistol caliber carbine that's not branded Hi Point and is available in the United States :cool:

I'm aware one could build a 5.56 carbine for about $350 if they shop around judiciously; heck my two AR builds were under $500 each lol.

Like mentioned in another thread, Obama's administration was certainly a great time for the market to bring affordable semiautomatic centerfire pistol caliber carbine designs into the game, or for Ruger to bring back PC-9 and PC-40 and possibly PC-45 and price them just a little higher than the Hi Points..... Heck, Marlin could've brought back their Camp Carbines during these last few years and made a killing off them when AR15 prices were in panic mode.

Never saw the need for a pistol caliber rifle other then for cost of ammo issues so i hadnt thought of that.

I think I'd go with an AR platform with a 9mm conversion kit.

.45's and you would save money going with a cheap AR and shooting .223

Ever since the .22 LR drought started, I've considered 9mm to be a good plinking ammo as its still available pretty much everywhere ;) Granted, now that .22LR is back in stock in many places....some gun show vendors still selling their .22LR at same panic prices :rolleyes: Dallas Wal-Mart is still out of .22lr, Monmouth BI-Mart sells out pretty quickly on the .22lr ammo...... so far my best chances had been online.... but I don't feel as bad shooting up my 9mm as I did shooting up the .22lr during the drought. :oops:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top