WTB OR I need a DRILL PRESS now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
CHLChris

CHLChris

Reactions
I might not need to say this, but you'd probably be disappointed with the cheapest of the Harbor Freight models. I received one as a gift. It's marginally useful at best. If I was to buy one for myself, I'd look for an older US made drill press.
Looks like your post beat me to the punch by 40 seconds.

I was hoping someone might have a dusty one they never use that they might want to turn into $100-150 cash.

OP
CHLChris

CHLChris

Reactions
Craigslist has one in your price range.
Located in Vancouver for $80.00 it's a Craftsman with a neat stand.
I just sent that listing a note. The stand I could maybe use for something else...

I have been looking for a good drill press for years at estate sales. It is just one of those tools you want for a particular job, and get by without one for so long, that I just don't buy them when I see them. I'm tired of crooked holes!!

Joe13

Reactions
I just threw up a little in my mouth. No thank you. I buy tarps there. A few other things, too. But never will I buy machinery there. Maybe I'm a snob...maybe I'm smart.
I only buy power tools there when i just need it for one job.

I only buy hand tools there when I know I'm going to beat the living snot out of them (generally for one job:D).

Joe13

Reactions
Craigslist is where I would look first.

If you know what your looking for then it's not a high dollar item and you'd be going to their house so very little risk.

I just always only take my drivers license and the exact amount of cash and then try to talk them down a few bucks to make up for gas:D.

I just threw up a little in my mouth. No thank you. I buy tarps there. A few other things, too. But never will I buy machinery there. Maybe I'm a snob...maybe I'm smart.

You are a snob because you are stepping up to the $100 Amazon model?

My drill press cost $4k, I would really like to upgrade to s "good" one but can't afford it. :D

OP
CHLChris

CHLChris

Reactions
This one is a Craftsman, which is a bit like saying it goes to eleven.

I will buy a used better one for the same price as a new low-end any day. I've been using it for a project and I suck bad as an operator...

v0lcom13sn0w

Reactions
I only buy power tools there when i just need it for one job.

I only buy hand tools there when I know I'm going to beat the living snot out of them (generally for one job:D).
yeah, i know what you mean. i have +\- 25k worth of snap-on tools at work... i have a few harbor freight tools that i use at work that i know i could possibly lose on certain jobs. every tool has a purpose, even if its a cheap POS lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great FFL Gun Transfers.
    Last Saturday morning. Me & the wife bought a pistol from another great Northwestfirearm's member. Meet up A Cut Above pawn shop. Wife had a...
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    TJ Gun Sales
    Needed some sights for a Glock 19. Found them here for a good price and free install. :)
  • Advanced Firearms Training
    2.00 star(s)
    Good in some ways, not in others
    The shop itself has a great selection from milsurp to modern, which we rarely see much of anymore. What rubbed me the wrong way is when doing...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great for Transfers
    Very friendly, likable crew, for example the pocket watch guy is knowledgeable about collectibles and always great to banter with while waiting...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    About 8 years with these people
    I am stuck on them; always good service, nice people, and regardless of staff changes, treat me very nicely. I am pretty sure I have been doing...
Top Bottom