JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I'm thinking some $100 model, hopefully a benchtop. Multiple speeds or variable speed. A light or laser would be nice. 1/2" chuck or bigger.

If I don't find one in a few days I'll just buy one on Amazon or something.

I might not need to say this, but you'd probably be disappointed with the cheapest of the Harbor Freight models. I received one as a gift. It's marginally useful at best. If I was to buy one for myself, I'd look for an older US made drill press.

I just threw up a little in my mouth. No thank you. I buy tarps there. A few other things, too. But never will I buy machinery there. Maybe I'm a snob...maybe I'm smart.

I might not need to say this, but you'd probably be disappointed with the cheapest of the Harbor Freight models. I received one as a gift. It's marginally useful at best. If I was to buy one for myself, I'd look for an older US made drill press.
Looks like your post beat me to the punch by 40 seconds.

I was hoping someone might have a dusty one they never use that they might want to turn into $100-150 cash.

Craigslist has one in your price range.
Located in Vancouver for $80.00 it's a Craftsman with a neat stand.

00N0N_47iqY7KrNh4_600x450.jpg

Last Edited:
Estate sales are where I find the best quality tools for very good prices.
As they saying goes, "There are no U-Hauls hitched to a hearse"

Last Edited:
Craigslist has one in your price range.
Located in Vancouver for $80.00 it's a Craftsman with a neat stand.
I just sent that listing a note. The stand I could maybe use for something else...

I have been looking for a good drill press for years at estate sales. It is just one of those tools you want for a particular job, and get by without one for so long, that I just don't buy them when I see them. I'm tired of crooked holes!!

I just threw up a little in my mouth. No thank you. I buy tarps there. A few other things, too. But never will I buy machinery there. Maybe I'm a snob...maybe I'm smart.

I only buy power tools there when i just need it for one job.

I only buy hand tools there when I know I'm going to beat the living snot out of them (generally for one job:D).

Craigslist is where I would look first.

If you know what your looking for then it's not a high dollar item and you'd be going to their house so very little risk.

I just always only take my drivers license and the exact amount of cash and then try to talk them down a few bucks to make up for gas:D.

You are a snob because you are stepping up to the $100 Amazon model?

My drill press cost $4k, I would really like to upgrade to s "good" one but can't afford it. :D

This one is a Craftsman, which is a bit like saying it goes to eleven.

I will buy a used better one for the same price as a new low-end any day. I've been using it for a project and I suck bad as an operator...

I only buy power tools there when i just need it for one job.

I only buy hand tools there when I know I'm going to beat the living snot out of them (generally for one job:D).
yeah, i know what you mean. i have +\- 25k worth of snap-on tools at work... i have a few harbor freight tools that i use at work that i know i could possibly lose on certain jobs. every tool has a purpose, even if its a cheap POS lol.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.