JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Holy cow! His handlebars broke off! I came close to something like that a few years back, I was biking 45+ MPH down a hill on the way back from the coast, and a deer jumps out. She proceeded to run parallel to me instead of plowing into me, but it would have hurt had she not stopped.

I was cruising on my quad on the NF boundary road across from my house a couple summers ago and a deer jumped out from the left I did NOT at all see - Just a deer in the air immediately in front of me - I instinctively grabbed the brakes but split second less and I would have had a deer (live) on my front rack!

That reminds me of the time I ran over a dog with my bicycle . . . Rolled him up like a ball . . . He never came out onto the road again when he saw me coming!!

Sheldon

Nice... That made My day. The video says its in Sausalito outside of San Francisco, which means the guy was probably wearing a rainbow cape litstening to Indie music racing to Starbucks and the Deer just took one for the team..

For that I say "Thank You"

Last Edited:
Right??? Maybe I've just been living / working around Portland too long, but I gotta say, I was like "yeah deer!! Get some!!!" when I watched it.

I don't think that it's just Portland bikers that I hate, I think that it goes farther, Portland people in general... I can't stand driving downtown where people just start crossing the street in front of traffic regardless of the light status.

I don't think that it's just Portland bikers that I hate, I think that it goes farther, Portland people in general... I can't stand driving downtown where people just start crossing the street in front of traffic regardless of the light status.

Or when they cross in the middle of the road when there's a crosswalk half a block down and look at YOU like you're the jerk when you honk at them as your trying not to lock up your breaks or get rear ended?

Portland specifically has some of the best examples of walking Darwin award nominees. Warning labels exist JUST for most of them, and I doubt even that keeps some alive.

Or when they cross in the middle of the road when there's a crosswalk half a block down and look at YOU like you're the jerk when you honk at them as your trying not to lock up your breaks or get rear ended?

Portland specifically has some of the best examples of walking Darwin award nominees. Warning labels exist JUST for most of them, and I doubt even that keeps some alive.

I biked 1500+ miles one summer, and I'd always get honked at or given the finger for just being on a bike. The Portland bikers are so hated that I would get the finger when I was in a bike lane minding my own business following all of the traffic laws.

I biked 1500+ miles one summer, and I'd always get honked at or given the finger for just being on a bike. The Portland bikers are so hated that I would get the finger when I was in a bike lane minding my own business following all of the traffic laws.

:s0140: I feel for you man, I know the Venom people have for bicyclists there.

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
It got to the point where I was considering strapping my super blackhawk to my back when I was riding. :)

Well near every time I see my therapist, I ask him why its against the law to mount a Ma Duece on my Vehicle... Driving Eugene is only the Slighest bit easier than PTown...
In Eugene we actually have Legally Installed road signs that state:

"One Way, Except for Bicycles", now either they are to obey the Laws of the Road, or they are a ~Special Class~ of road user...

I have read, in the ODOT drivers rules, that bicyclists are to obey the rules of the Road... But, change the laws, Special for them???

Sure Stupidity.

philip o_O :mad: :eek:

I was winding my way around in SE Portland Industrial area with my Freightliner and a max load of equipment. 25 mph, paying careful attention when a biker rider runs the stop sign and pass with in 3 feet of the front of my truck. I give him the air horn, and he gives me the finger and as he turns to yell at me, hits a rut and goes down. My crew was in the crummy behind me and they stopped to roll their windows down and heap some shot on the moron. Every now and then they get what they deserve, but it happened every time I came through that intersection with out fail. Guys out here like to get next to them and roll coal.

I think most of the kamikaze bikers have a death wish, or they're seriously trolling for a lawsuit against the car owner that nails them.
It's the slow puds in front of me as I try to cross downtown Portland that drives me crasy.
They can only manage to peddle red light to red light, never getting enough speed to make a green light.

When I'm Driving in Portland I wanna be like....
image.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads