JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dude was riding on the shoulder, on a basically empty road, doing nothing wrong, certainly not to any of you, takes a MASSIVE hit and destroys his $1000-$5000+ bike, possibly cripples himself, and you celebrate?

Edited for inappropriate content - Joe Link

Last edited by a moderator:
And stating that you would end up going to jail if you caught up with someone who rolled coal on you honestly makes me wonder which of those two classes you fall under.

Seeing the dudes who ride the bikes, and the guys who drive the big diesel pickups, I pretty much going to put my money on the pickup dudes. Most of them would fold a bicyclist up like a paper bag. Young 30 something males, a good number of them veterans really are not going to take that noise.

I used to be a cyclist... Heh... In the mid 60's, i did Century Rides, Solo.

But before I mounted another Bicycle, I think I would need a Frontal Lobotomy.... I drive in Bleu-Jean', the second home to bluthering idiots on Two Wheeled self Propelled vehicular type thingies... Got one dude here that thinks it's legal to ride a customized peddeler, Eight Feet in the air, REALLY. How he gets up is not known, or understood by this person, but, think For a Second... How does he abide in a StopSign???

Correct. He does Not... But its a BiCycle, so he is ~Rite ON~, with the uberTics of the Poli TICS, in "Blew"Jean...

Cyclists are the Only group of persons using our roadways... Who feel it is Equal to a Right, like in the Bill of Rights, but refuse to pay their way, have insurance coverage for their responsibilities in being on the Road.

When they Cause accidents, its Not their fault, ~they are Freedom Seeking~ You see... If they Run You OVER, like when they ride on the sidewalks... Or buzz kill through a Red Light... And the Car Driver does everything possible to not hit said cyclist, so he causes an accident elsewhere... Who Is to BLAME.

And don't even get me started on adding into that Fracuss, sexual identity, like the nude riders... Or mostly nudetes, here in OofU culture.

Bah...

I'll leave this thread, bad for my blood Pressure...

philip :mad:

But . . .BUT . . . ONCE IN A WHILE!
Here in town, a bike guy ran into the side of a car.
That was a couple of months ago. I understand he can now move pretty much everything on his right side.

Sheldon

Seeing the dudes who ride the bikes, and the guys who drive the big diesel pickups, I pretty much going to put my money on the pickup dudes. Most of them would fold a bicyclist up like a paper bag. Young 30 something males, a good number of them veterans really are not going to take that noise.

I'm also in my early 30s, an infantry vet, but I'm also in exceptionally good physical condition.

Not sure where you're getting the idea a cyclist isn't fully capable, physically. You must be confusion "dudes on bikes" with "cyclists," there's a major difference. Some of the toughest I've ever known in my life are competitive cyclists.

Robert-Forstemann-10.jpg

Edited for inappropriate language - Joe Link

I'm also in my early 30s, an infantry vet, but I'm also in exceptionally good physical condition.

Not sure where you're getting the idea a cyclist isn't fully capable, physically. You must be confusion "dudes on bikes" with "cyclists," there's a major difference. Some of the toughest mother bubblegumers I've ever known in my life are competitive cyclists.

View attachment 118721

That's all good man, but that's not the 99% of riders breaking the law, causing accidents and being bubblegums in Portland, this is :

BGOQ6GD.jpg

Not sure where you're getting the idea a cyclist isn't fully capable, physically. You must be confusion "dudes on bikes" with "cyclists," there's a major difference. Some of the toughest I've ever known in my life are competitive cyclists.

To start with , thank you for your service to our country.

This is an issue of perception, one that a lot of us face everyday in association with our fondness for fire arms and shooting, and preparedness. A lot of the general public sees ALL of us as gun toting, whacked out terrorists, when in fact there are some who are pretty far out there, and then there are a lot who are low key, law abiding patriots, but the outrageous actions of a few set the perception level for all.

My perception of bicycling group is one of arrogant self centered a**holes who are rude to other drivers. This perception is based upon multiple encounters on the road with bicyclists who run stop signs, run stop lights, cut off other drivers and then flip them off and tell them to go f themselves if you honk at them or say anything to them.

My other encounters with bicyclists have been up at the Alpenrose Melendrome (sp?)who were truly athletes and pretty decent people to visit with. Unfortunately, my contact with that group was a few years ago for several years, and my continued and weekly reinforced impression of the bicycling group is that of the a@@holes who cause trouble on the road.

I have no doubt you are one of the athletic cyclists. Therefore I think the chances of somebody rolling coal on you for doing something that could cause a problem on the road are pretty slim.

Ouch. Wife always cautioned me about riding my bike at night down hills at 35-40mph through deer area.

Ouch. Damn. Ouch...!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads