JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Status
Reactions
I'd like to make this clear: I am a dyslexic
I was also a US Army Soldier that worked very hard to make it to the NCO School ands earn a security clearance that required a background check.
Currently I have a FB I Criminal Records Check for my concealed carry lisenjse.
However I have been informed because of my spelling i will not be allowed to post here because i AM A DRUNK or drug user.
As a soldier that held lives of fellow soldiers in his hands when he called out co-ords and adjusted fire down on the bad guys WITHOUT hurting fellolw americans I take GREAT Umbrasge on those that would question me because I cannot spell every word correctly every time I spell it ibn text.
Every second of every minute of every day I fight my affliction knowing that one mistake might have cost a life.
To be judged by 'others' that pretend to be my superiors becausde I cannot control my spelling when I am tired,,and b eyond my control, I find that disreputable, dishnonorable ands unwqarranted0.
that is all

Perhaps this makes me insensitive, but serving in the military doesn't give you a magic pass. It has nothing to do with this.

If you're too lazy, even with your disability, to hit the spell check or use firefox or internet explorer with automatic spell check, before you click 'submit reply', then you shouldn't post.

umm, I have dyslexia as well. Elementary school was FuBAR for me.

Worked hard at it through middle school, made it through high school with honors.
Just took a lot of work to work it out, spell check works great most of the time, ( well unless your going to quick and just hit the first recommended word it offers, that can make for some issues.) However that won't affect grammar, sentence structure, spacing in the middle of words ect ect ect....

then again, I don't really care to much. I try not to post after drinking:beer:
Before 1st cup of coffee. ( WTH, this is the PNW and there is no coffee smiley?):s0092:

and try to avoid posting from the (what is called) a smart phone. :phone:

but I suspect there is more to this that what is given by the OP.

What do they Mods have to share about this. I suffer the same disease.
I also think there is more to the story. So I am reserving my judgment of this thread until I hear both sides.

This is very interesting. Am I to understand that if one is thought to be a drunk (or under other substances) but has no issues with the posts or interaction you may be removed?

Why?

Others in here cannot spell (including me).

Odd!

This is very interesting. Am I to understand that if one is thought to be a drunk (or under other substances) but has no issues with the posts or interaction you may be removed?

Why?

Others in here cannot spell (including me).

Odd!

Not at all, there is no rule about drunk posting and no one was penalized that I can see from the mod panel.

It's not for us to judge what physical state a member is in.

If there were a rule about spelling and grammar here we would likely have about 20 members and I would not be among them.

....there is no rule about drunk posting and no one was penalized that I can see from the mod panel.
Whew! Safe!

I don't touch a gun if I've even had a single beer, even to clean it. No compunction exists for being near the computer though. :s0114:

What do they Mods have to share about this. I suffer the same disease.
I also think there is more to the story. So I am reserving my judgment of this thread until I hear both sides.

I have not heard of anything from any staff member ever having any interaction with this member, and it sounds very unlikely that any staff member of this site would threaten a member about grammatical or spelling errors.

What's wrong with PUII? [posting under the influence of intoxicants]
Worst case, the OP's story is BS and he really is coked to the gills when we see his English skills disintegrate. So what?

It's not like he's flying a 777, driving his truck, or operating rotating machinery. What possible harm is there in letting him post incoherent drivel? As long as it doesn't amount to a dozen new threads a day, anyway.

Or, it could just be that the story told by the OP is the truth, and there's a medically justifiable reason for his erratic postings. Does it make a difference? Drivel is drivel, even when posted by a patriot who has sacrificed for his country.

When I read some of the agonizingly ignorant political ramblings that get posted on this forum, stuff so weapons-grade idiotic that it makes my eyes hurt, the spelling and grammar clearly aren't the problems. I know that moderators have to make judgment calls and I bow to the decisions of the authorities here. Thank you, all, for your yeoman service! HOWEVER...

Why draw the line at language usage, and not ban people for illogic? Both are subjective calls - and both sins ought to be ignored IMO, so they can die quietly on the vine.

:s0112: Amen.

Their iz sum pipples har whu dunt spell so gud an aint got no gud gamar. But , I jus feelz sory fur thim an leev dem aloon. Dey problee gone tu pubic skul.:D

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads