JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Status
Reactions
I'd like to make this clear: I am a dyslexic
I was also a US Army Soldier that worked very hard to make it to the NCO School ands earn a security clearance that required a background check.
Currently I have a FB I Criminal Records Check for my concealed carry lisenjse.
However I have been informed because of my spelling i will not be allowed to post here because i AM A DRUNK or drug user.
As a soldier that held lives of fellow soldiers in his hands when he called out co-ords and adjusted fire down on the bad guys WITHOUT hurting fellolw americans I take GREAT Umbrasge on those that would question me because I cannot spell every word correctly every time I spell it ibn text.
Every second of every minute of every day I fight my affliction knowing that one mistake might have cost a life.
To be judged by 'others' that pretend to be my superiors becausde I cannot control my spelling when I am tired,,and b eyond my control, I find that disreputable, dishnonorable ands unwqarranted0.
that is all

What's wrong with PUII? [posting under the influence of intoxicants]
Worst case, the OP's story is BS and he really is coked to the gills when we see his English skills disintegrate. So what?

It's not like he's flying a 777, driving his truck, or operating rotating machinery. What possible harm is there in letting him post incoherent drivel? As long as it doesn't amount to a dozen new threads a day, anyway.

Or, it could just be that the story told by the OP is the truth, and there's a medically justifiable reason for his erratic postings. Does it make a difference? Drivel is drivel, even when posted by a patriot who has sacrificed for his country.

When I read some of the agonizingly ignorant political ramblings that get posted on this forum, stuff so weapons-grade idiotic that it makes my eyes hurt, the spelling and grammar clearly aren't the problems. I know that moderators have to make judgment calls and I bow to the decisions of the authorities here. Thank you, all, for your yeoman service! HOWEVER...

Why draw the line at language usage, and not ban people for illogic? Both are subjective calls - and both sins ought to be ignored IMO, so they can die quietly on the vine.

I'm not saying he's wrong about the mods. I'm just saying that booze'll cause problems with typing. I could care less if he's posting puckered or not.

What's wrong with PUII? [posting under the influence of intoxicants]
Worst case, the OP's story is BS and he really is coked to the gills when we see his English skills disintegrate. So what?

It's not like he's flying a 777, driving his truck, or operating rotating machinery. What possible harm is there in letting him post incoherent drivel? As long as it doesn't amount to a dozen new threads a day, anyway.

Or, it could just be that the story told by the OP is the truth, and there's a medically justifiable reason for his erratic postings. Does it make a difference? Drivel is drivel, even when posted by a patriot who has sacrificed for his country.

When I read some of the agonizingly ignorant political ramblings that get posted on this forum, stuff so weapons-grade idiotic that it makes my eyes hurt, the spelling and grammar clearly aren't the problems. I know that moderators have to make judgment calls and I bow to the decisions of the authorities here. Thank you, all, for your yeoman service! HOWEVER...

Why draw the line at language usage, and not ban people for illogic? Both are subjective calls - and both sins ought to be ignored IMO, so they can die quietly on the vine.

I don't have a problem with it personally, in fact the only time I speak up about spelling is when someone else admonishes a member for their spelling/grammar, and then only if I can point out an error in their admonishment. :D

I always consider that a member may be ESL and that they likely know my language better than I know their language.

For the record I think the Op may have taken a comment that just happened to be from a mod as being THREATENED, and likely in less than normal state it was way overblown. I didn't see the actual thread so I can only surmise this as there were no official warning issued and the mod stated he hadn't spoken to him in PM.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot. I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous.

Honestly, if you have a hard time spelling your thoughts out at certain times for whatever reason, than use the auto spelling feature. End of story. As was mentioned on page one of this thread, when typing a post: if you see a red squiggly line underneath a word you typed, then right click on it and a box will open with the proper spelling. Not rocket science. No one cares if you are drunk or dyslexic and no one wants to ban you so far as I can tell for your improper spelling.

IF a mod did actually mention this, I am sure that it was misinterpreted as a threat. I have been on this website for quite a while now, and have NEVER had a bad experience with any of the mods. All seem to be great people, and Ive even met a few. The only time you get a threat of being banned is when you violate the terms and conditions of the site, and I am fairly certain that SPELLING or GRAMMAR is NOT mentioned as a condition of membership.

So. Thank you very much for your service. When you see a red squiggly line underneath a word you type into this site, right click on it, then click on the correct spelling that appears. Problem solved. Anything beyond that is attention seeking behavior and purposefully creating a problem (not to mention accusing site mods of "threatening" you), and I'm pretty sure that violates T&C somehow. Capish? ;)

:s0063:Froget wat I mentoned in the abov e post.
I was drunck. I always spel write and use proppper grammer when i drink9 but sokay sober now. DONT :s0051: ME

That's it! ban him! :s0131:
Dr+Jet+Li.jpg

:s0063:Froget wat I mentoned in the abov e post.
I was drunck. I always spel write and use proppper grammer when i drink9 but sokay sober now. DONT :s0051: ME

I'd like to make this clear: I am a dyslexic
I was also a US Army Soldier that worked very hard to make it to the NCO School ands earn a security clearance that required a background check.
Currently I have a FB I Criminal Records Check for my concealed carry lisenjse.
However I have been informed because of my spelling i will not be allowed to post here because i AM A DRUNK or drug user.
As a soldier that held lives of fellow soldiers in his hands when he called out co-ords and adjusted fire down on the bad guys WITHOUT hurting fellolw americans I take GREAT Umbrasge on those that would question me because I cannot spell every word correctly every time I spell it ibn text.
Every second of every minute of every day I fight my affliction knowing that one mistake might have cost a life.
To be judged by 'others' that pretend to be my superiors becausde I cannot control my spelling when I am tired,,and b eyond my control, I find that disreputable, dishnonorable ands unwqarranted0.
that is all

Hahahahaha. What is this word?

Got to cheurch and goet some help.. the Gord of wod is the Gill of wod, and let doG be yers co-pillet.

I can sey deez tings an' be abuzif, cuz I iz an Armee gruntz vet wif "issooooos" 2! so der damnit!! pphhhfffffttppptt!!

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads