JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lets quit thinking about ARs. Get interested in something else, say 30-30 Winchesters and maybe good ol' wheel guns. No ammo availability problems and lots out there for good prices. Ok so they don't shoot as fast or maybe don't look as cool (matter of opinion anyway) but less time on the reloading bench or no need to chase cases of ammo to feed them. Change your mindset. I am not saying ban ARs or similar weapons but maybe it's time to change your shooting interests - adapt, move to the fringes, return to traditions, try something else that does not come with so much built in stress. Stay open minded.

Over the last few months most my interest has shifted towards shooting my Rem. 700 LTR .308 on the bench. The challenge is great...easy to chase my brass too! My black guns just hangout in the back of the safe most the time.

Lets quit thinking about ARs. Get interested in something else, say 30-30 Winchesters and maybe good ol' wheel guns. No ammo availability problems and lots out there for good prices. Ok so they don't shoot as fast or maybe don't look as cool (matter of opinion anyway) but less time on the reloading bench or no need to chase cases of ammo to feed them. Change your mindset. I am not saying ban ARs or similar weapons but maybe it's time to change your shooting interests - adapt, move to the fringes, return to traditions, try something else that does not come with so much built in stress. Stay open minded.

I think you might have it right AR's are the rifle of choice right now. I have 2 30-30's that shoot great. I don't feel lightly armed and i shoot them well.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!
.30-30 sucks!
lever guns suck!
they're ugly and no good for anything!

nothing to see here. move along. continue coveting AR platform rifles, let me collect all the lever guns i want... err, i mean nobody wants them, but to be nice I'll gladly offer cash for them :D

While I concur with federally having stricter gun laws when it comes to people with mental issues owning Assault rifles or any gun for that matter...... It should not change the fact that the normal man or woman can not able to own any gun he or she wishes to own. Obama is manipulating our amendment rights to own guns. If you hand a person a pencil and he or she misspells a word... It is not the pencils fault... It is the person with the pencil in their hand. Don't take away our rights to own any gun because there are people out there who should not own them

Don't accept anything different until they strip us of our rights. Fight for it!!!!!

Don't accept anything different until they strip us of our rights. Fight for it!!!!!
I am not promoting 'accepting anything different'. You have the choice to do (or think) whatever you wish. I am simply suggesting we all consider other possibilities and not be so narrow minded and place so much emphasis on one platform.

I appreciate all the PMs I have been getting about my post, both good and bad. However I sincerely ask before anyone else PMs me about this please re read my post and really try to understand I mentioned nothing political. I simply attempted to suggest another possibility, another way of thinking or a new reality. The choice is yours and that is the most freedom you will ever have.

in the end it seems to be that everyone wants what they can't have. i'm honestly not a fan of the AR platform, but not for any specific reason other than it really doesn't stir the soul like a pretty lever gun does for me. i pull my favorite Marlin out and the wood, the blue, the action; maybe it was all the playing cowboys and indians as a kid, but man... that gun.

that being said, i do not believe it to be a deniable right to own what you wish to own. sure, there are laws in place and new ones will come... but if those laws are infringing on your desire, fight for it. fight hard and don't give up... but also fight within the standards set forth by the founding fathers, so as to not give the opposition anything more to use against us. even though i'm not an AR guy doesn't mean i don't get it. hell, i have an AR. i'm not willing to bend over and give up the right to own it without a fight, even if i don't really like it.
now if you'd said "AK"....

now can we stop talking about .30-30 so i can still afford it in another couple weeks/months/years? :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top