JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Better" is subjective. Being a trigger guy, I share your opinion of Shield vs LC9. In my opinion, the CW9 and Walther PPS are on equal footing with the Shield. Then again, I think many people get so caught up in how small pistols are, that they wind up going a lot smaller than they have to.

Of course, it is all up to the individual. Each of us gets to decide what to do with or own time and money.

/shrug
Your tight it is subjective. But the Lc9 trigger is to heavy for me and it doesn't feel very balanced in my hand. But thats my Opinion. Someone else may like the Lc9 better? But I doubt the majority would. The Shield is a thin 9mm that has been pretty reliable. At a inexpensive cost. Thats why all the hype.

Along with what RBid said I don't understand how people can buy guns like this without ever holding one. How do you know it fits you? How do you know the sites come up for you? How do you know if you can easily reach all the controls?

Before I got my M&P compact I was totally against compacts because they don't fit me well at all. When the shop guy handed it to me it fit so well it has been my carry gun for 3-4 years now.

I like to shoot them. But at least hold one. The M&P compact is one of the best fit guns to me. Hard not to like. But I also carry a Glock. I may be easy to please.

Just got my 9mm Shield tonight. Feels great even in my large hands. Here is a pic if it next to my G23. e2u4e8aq.jpg adyjazun.jpg

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Stopped by the LGS today and I have moved up to number 12 from 19 on the waiting list for the Shield 9mm

About another 2 months until I get "The Call"

I confess, I've never had a chance to fire the Shield in the 9 or .40 cal. but given my experience with 9's I went with that caliber over .40...

I'm just going on the advice of friends that own and love them.

-I want a range gun that's about 30% cheaper to shoot

-In a handgun that light, me thinks the recoil may be a bit much especially in a conceal carry where getting back on target may be more important than a larger caliber?

I just got myself on a list, too.

I prefer .40, and that list was way-shorter than the list for the 9mm. Northwest Armory told me roughly 8-weeks for the .40, but in my past experience with them, I'll bet it'll be here sooner.

The argument continues...Why the Shield over a Glock, or a Ruger, or any of the others?

It's not a question of why one over the other, as they all do what they're designed to do. It's in addition to.

My life quest has been the search for the ultimate, all-occasion carry piece. The search is enjoyable. My nod still goes with revolvers. And I cannot, will not, own a Glock. That culture would not accept me.:s0114:

WAYNO.

For me personally I got my G23 when I turned 21 and will never get rid of it. My new Shield is now my edc as it is smaller in all dimensions and being so skinny is really nice for concealment (see pics I posted above). However my Glock will still remain in my bedstand with my laser/light attached.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

The places I have been looking for a shield don't do waiting lists. I have been looking for a few months. I wasn't sure about getting one until I walked into Wholesale Sports to see if they had one and they had just started the paperwork on the only one they had left. Lucky for me the guy buying it was pretty cool and he let me handle it a little. Having had a M&P .40c I was familiar with the M&P style etc... It felt just right. Better, more stable feeling grip than my LC9 without seeming to thick for summer time concealed carry. I was pretty much hooked.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top