JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
so what is the deal with smith?why can't they get them out any quicker then they have been?doe's any body have an official reason why?

I don't understand everything I know about it jb but I think they are moving as fast as they can get them to stores

I contacted a store in Portland, Gresham and Eugene and all had a waiting list.

Now multiply that by every gun store accross the USA and they fell behind.

S&W had 3,000 already made when they announced the Shield which spread them around the Country and into the hands of gun owners and the feedback from the field began the backlog.

At least we can "watch" them being made in the meantime lol

M&p shield assembly - YouTube

I was lucky and found one the weekend they came out in April and have shot mine quite a bit and have never had any sort of failure with it. Super easy conceal carry weapon to carry and fire. Picked up a holster from another member here that makes high quality holsters (stmcelroy) for a good price, bought a 2nd one from him for my XDS.
I have herd the assembly line at S&W is so slow becasue of the overseas law enforcement orders need to be filled.

Saw a used one in the gun shop about a month ago. Dont get the hype. Basically the same size as my M&Pc. Less ammo and with a thinner less comfortable grip.

But hey that is why they make different guns in different models for different people.

i have been on a waiting list since september 18th with only one person in front of me. while waiting ive seen two come up for sale in the classifieds.
Hang in there the phone will ring before the new year!.lol

i saw/handled a couple in August or so... about the time i was kinda interested in the XDs.
the Shield was in stock, but i couldn't find an XDs anywhere.
now some local shops have the XDs in stock, but no Shields.

I have never looked into these. IS there a big upside to these over a baby Glock ?

No question at least in my little mind Glock makes a fine handgun but for me I can't get past the safety in the trigger = no safety.

I just can't risk an negligent discharge like some have had including a better trained than me (but careless for having it loaded) DEA agent doing a class on safety and shooting himself in the foot with a Glock 40.

If they made the M&P Shield in single action with a safety it would be the best of both worlds at least for me.

I have never looked into these. IS there a big upside to these over a baby Glock ?

In my opinion no. This gun is basically the same overall size as the M&Pc which is basically the same size as the G26/27. The "big" selling point on the Shield is they are a single stack mag so the grip is thinner and "more concealable".

As I said above though there are people that will think it is worth it and that is why there are so many styles.

I had the M&P compact when I bought my Shield and what I like about it that the Sheild is more compact (thinner) and it is lighter to carry. I carry mine with the extended mag so I have 9 rounds ready to rock.

The XDS on the other had has become my new carry piece so the Shield my have to go by the way side or just hang on to it, just not sure yet. It would be nice if they came out with one in .45ACP though, I would be all over that.

As far as Glock is concerned, I have had a few and just can't get used to them with that goofy grip angle and the terrible trigger setup. I like that they come apart easy for cleaning and that they go bang everytime you pull the trigger. They also have a mean look to them were the M&P looks soft.

I like the looks of them and am sure they will sell briskly. I think that new Taurus that has the double strike capability deserves a look also.

Good luck with your new Shield when you get it, I hope you will give us a report once you have time to take it to the range.

I had the M&P compact when I bought my Shield and what I like about it that the Sheild is more compact (thinner) and it is lighter to carry. I carry mine with the extended mag so I have 9 rounds ready to rock.

The XDS on the other had has become my new carry piece so the Shield my have to go by the way side or just hang on to it, just not sure yet. It would be nice if they came out with one in .45ACP though, I would be all over that.

As far as Glock is concerned, I have had a few and just can't get used to them with that goofy grip angle and the terrible trigger setup. I like that they come apart easy for cleaning and that they go bang everytime you pull the trigger. They also have a mean look to them were the M&P looks soft.

If you consider the M&P compact and Sub Glock Par...I have the same reason for wanting a Shield or Xds. Smaller. All these guns are used for concealed carry. Can never find a Shield...But I'm still not sure on the Xds yet??

The Shield is alot better than the Lc9. Dunno about the Kahr

"Better" is subjective. Being a trigger guy, I share your opinion of Shield vs LC9. In my opinion, the CW9 and Walther PPS are on equal footing with the Shield. Then again, I think many people get so caught up in how small pistols are, that they wind up going a lot smaller than they have to.

Of course, it is all up to the individual. Each of us gets to decide what to do with or own time and money.

/shrug

Along with what RBid said I don't understand how people can buy guns like this without ever holding one. How do you know it fits you? How do you know the sites come up for you? How do you know if you can easily reach all the controls?

Before I got my M&P compact I was totally against compacts because they don't fit me well at all. When the shop guy handed it to me it fit so well it has been my carry gun for 3-4 years now.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top