JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I rely quite often on JB Weld and 2-part Epoxy for fixes around the house. In some cases, soldering works for a fix. Duct tape and WD 40 are standard repair items as well. I also keep a stash of shrink tubing around - it's great not only for electrical repairs/splices, but for fixing other things too. Beyond that, an assortment of all types of nuts, bolts, washers (regular and fender style) as well as a drill and tap set, I'm set to fix a variety of things. About the only thing I don't have available is a welder, which I may add at some point.

Welding is definitely a skill I'd like to develop!

When I was an apprentice electrician, our training included an 8 week course in welding. We did stick and MIG/Wire Feed (I definitely prefer wire feed to stick welding) as well as brazing and torch cutting. Unfortunately, it's one of those skills that sees little use in the field, so few chances to practice. I can run a bead - it's not particularly pretty, but heck, that's what grinders are for. I'd love to get an inexpensive wire feed welder for simple repairs at home. It's been a long time since I last did any welding, but it's a skill I'd like to revisit again myself.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews