JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Uh..............Nope! Bunch of trash! Maybe the gun industry should sue these rags for slander in miss representing a certain brand, type or cal of firearm for the sole purpose of misinformation and to cause harm to a legal business:mad::mad::mad:

So , I read it ... didn't find it hilarious.
I did find it very slanted and full of misinformation , however.
What is sad and worrisome is that many folks will read the article and take it as gospel.

I wonder if a well written response from a gun guys perspective refuting some of the "facts" in the Rolling Stone article , would be published or read?....
Might have to give that some thought...
Andy

So , I read it ... didn't find it hilarious.
I did find it very slanted and full of misinformation , however.
What is sad and worrisome is that many folks will read the article and take it as gospel.

I wonder if a well written response from a gun guys perspective refuting some of the "facts" in the Rolling Stone article , would be published or read?....
Might have to give that some thought...
Andy
If you own a gun it don't matter how good you write it they don't want to hear it

s0013.gif 7625.gif

Yeah that is very true ... But I do get tired of one only side of the story being published or heard...
Just using the numbers of AR15 type rifles out there and comparing the numbers of those same types of rifles being used in crimes versus lawful use is eye opening.
If the AR15 rifle and ownership of the same were the problem then there would be far more mass shootings etc...
Makes no sense to blame a gun .... but it is easier than finding a real solution.
Andy

If you own a gun it don't matter how good you write it they don't want to hear it

Yeah that is very true ... But I do get tired of one only side of the story being published or heard...
Just using the numbers of AR15 type rifles out there and comparing the numbers of those same types of rifles being used in crimes versus lawful use is eye opening.
If the AR15 rifle and ownership of the same were the problem then there would be far more mass shootings etc...
Makes no sense to blame a gun .... but it is easier than finding a real solution.
Andy
Your right most shootings are done with hand guns and most are done with stolen guns DO YOU THINK THE AVERAGE GANG BANGER IS GOING TO THE GUN STORE AND PLOP DOWN $600 FOR A BASIC AR rifle nope they going to buy a pistol for $50 from some dope head that just robbed a house

HEll Andy if the average gang banger was smart enough to load it they would use your guns LOL THE BEST PART IS THEY WOULD PROBLEY SHOOT THEM SELF'S JUST LOADING IT LOL

But it has a "mil spec trigger". That's a trigger built to MILITARY freaking specifications. Why would a civilian need that?
Idiot 's lol it's insane how stupid the main stream media and people who listen to them are yep my gun had a milspec trigger when I got it guess what it's in the the drawer with all the other parts I don't need

I find this article:
  • inaccurate
  • emotional/irrational, not rational
  • poorly researched
  • drawing lots of phony conclusions
  • likely written by a high-school dropout
  • or likely written by a recent college grad o_O
  • frustrating
  • a waste of time
As others have mentioned, I am most frustrated not necessarily by the false information and emotional bias/appeal, but rather by the reality that many people form their opinions from such crap as this. It makes the work of protecting our rights so much more difficult when this passes as some kind of journalism. It's garbage. If Rolling Stone had any journalistic integrity.....sorry, I about choked on my keyboard typing that phrase....they would allow a proper rebuttal by a proper writer with proper knowledge of firearms, firearms owners and actual statistics. If this article was submitted for a 7th grade writing class it would earn an F.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads