JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We should start planning now.

Maybe make it a weekend thing, with camping available and at or near a shooting range. Someplace central for most members (can't make everybody happy), maybe somebody has some land large enough for such a shim-ding.

Everybody bring your own food, water, beverages, guns, ammo and good time attitude.

Maybe have some classes on various topics, maybe kid activities, maybe some informal shooting competition etc...

Just a thought... kind of throwing it out there to see who bites.

SF-

Good idea. If its at an informal range, we need to find a couple members to act as range safety officers. Strict rules. In my experience, gatherings like this too often lead to showing off and complacency and other things that lead themselves to problems.

But the idea is sound. It would be nice to put faces to names...

Sounds great! Would love if there was a shooting class or class on conclement that is just for women. I have found that there is a lot of stuff out there for men, however it would be nice if us women had some information on what or how to CC. I know a lot of women that would love to carry, but their husband/boyfriend can't help much in that department as to what they should wear to hide the handgun :) Also, like everyone else has said, a weekend would be good.

We just had our 3rd gathering of the Dan Wesson forum members of the 1911 forum just last Saturday. Its a blast getting to see one an other. Tacoma Sportsman Club. Not as many show up as they say they would, but Its all good. :)
Dave
PS. I could get 3 of us NWFA members to show up. :s0155:

I like get togethers, especially campouts. Made many good friends this way. I already have a June and July campout planed with NW mebmers from another forum. There are some unspoken rules. The booze does not come out until the guns are put away. If you guys plan one for this summer, I would like to attend if I can swing it.

Good idea. If its at an informal range, we need to find a couple members to act as range safety officers. Strict rules. In my experience, gatherings like this too often lead to showing off and complacency and other things that lead themselves to problems.

But the idea is sound. It would be nice to put faces to names...

Unfortunately, I agree in some cases, like OC events. I attended one, and never went back after some guy decided it would be responsible to bring his new 5.7 in a box and show it to people. :confused:

Still, the food gatherings are great, and have seen no issues there.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top