JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a leather holster for my new Ruger SR1911.
I seem to prefer the pancake style with a thumb break.
I am looking holsters like these and wondering if anyone owns one of this type and has pros/cons. This would not be for concealed carry duty.
Thanks,
Jim
DeSantis Right Hand - Black - Cocked & Locked Thumb Break Scabbard 1CLBA85Z0

I am not a big fan of DeSantis, i don't think they are sticheded as well as could be. The first one of there I had was not well made and did not fit well, stiching cam apart in a fairly short period of time. I currently use a TAGUE and consider them a bit better then Galco

I haven't had a whole lot of experience with some of the makers out there as I usually end up making my own holsters. That being said, I did use my brother-in-laws Bianchi CarryLok Hip Holster for my 1911 until I could get one of my own made. I am not a fan of thumb breaks myself so the retention mechanism on the Bianchi actually suited me pretty well. The leather was decent and the stitching pretty sturdy. I would agree with MarkAd on the DeSantis, I have handled their holsters and have never been all that impressed, they seem almost flimsy, especially compared to Galco or Bianchi. Here is a link to that Bianchi Model 82  CarryLok™ Hip Holster Bianchi Leather Holsters

Good luck!

I use a Galco Concealable without thumbbreak for both a 5" Govt. and a 3.5" Officer. I also have the Galco Fletch with snap/thumbbreak for a 4" Commander that I carry in the woods. Both are great and very secure. I use the Concealable for everyday carry when weather is cooler and clothes a little heavier. I also use the Galco Summer Special for IWB carry and it's fantasic for the Officer and the Govt models when things are a little warmer but then go to a Sig P238 in a De Santis IWB for shorts and T-shirt weather with a light button up camp shirt over all.
Good luck and you can't go wrong with Galco. I've found that Optics Planet has the best prices on Galco for mail order and if they have what you want in stock, then Wholesale Sports for the walk-in cash only customer will beat any retail store price..

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top