JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
welp, I spent more money on bullets the last month than on a gun. 9mm, 45acp, and 300 blkout rounds are crazy. $20-30 for 9mm, $40 for 45, and a whopping $25 for 20 rounds of black out.

any relief in sight? sheeesh.

welp, I spent more money on bullets the last month than on a gun. 9mm, 45acp, and 300 blkout rounds are crazy. $20-30 for 9mm, $40 for 45, and a whopping $25 for 20 rounds of black out.

any relief in sight? sheeesh.

Not until mid November and even then it may go for eight more years.

I can't tell you how many times I told people to "buy it now" back when it was available and inexpensive. The same with defensive firearms.

Keep your eyes open and your wallet full.

I was watching a Prepper videos from 10 months ago this morning.
And I think most anyone watching it today would think it quite sensible. Almost boringly so.

You know. The Speaker was advising you to pick up things like toilet paper, masks, and bleach.
Putting back some ammo, guns, and dried food.

Maybe even have a couple hundred cash at hand?

Then It hit me.

10 months ago! This dude must be a fuching profit!
When I was espousing this message to all my friends and family? Yep...... They thought I was a nut.

Any ways. He who laughs last...........................

Ah. Good times.

Last Edited:
Better to have it and not ....besides the dollar is worth what compared to what it used to be worth...10%/20%?

Spend it before it takes a wheelbarrow fulla dollahs to buy a cuppa coffee or a single .22 round...

I guess if you don't pay attention and buy the lows?
Then you are probably gonna buy when you hear everybody making a big commotion over price and availability.

You know ''Panic''.

Hey. If it makes you feel any better?
Tell yourself you're just cost averaging. :s0108:

I often, at times like this, wonder what it would be like to have to BUY ammunition? I've only been playing with guns since early 2010. I got my RCBS Rockchuker kit/accouterments during the "Black Friday" sales in 2011. It's been very rewarding. Those that are going through these times do have my sympathies though.

I was watching a Preppier videos from 10 months ago this morning.
And I think most anyone watching it today would think it quite sensible. Almost boringly so.

You know. The Speaker was advising you to pick up things like toilet paper, masks, and bleach.
Putting back some ammo, guns, and dried food.

Maybe even have a couple hundred cash at hand?

Then It hit me.

10 months ago! This dude must be a fuching profit!
When I was espousing this message to all my friends and family? Yep...... They thought I was a nut.

Any ways. He who laughs last...........................

Ah. Good times.

The prepper community tends to focus on pandemics each year coming into the flu season, because a COVID-19 like pandemic was just a matter of time. Seems each new thing coming out of Asia or Africa is more virulent and dangerous than the last. It's sort of the annual prepper version of "back to school".

The community was also aware of and focused in December and January on COVID-19 while the rest of the US was obsessed with the fakepeachment. Even though it wasn't formally announced until after Christmas, stories about the then unnamed virus were coming out of China. I first read about it in November well before Thanksgiving, but there was no idea of how nad it was until Chinese whistleblowers started to dissapear never to be seen again.

This is why I real a lot of foreign news - in general US news/propaganda machine isn't worth the time. To my knowledge the first US news source that mentioned it was Fox. I do make my rounds through them every day to get a pulse on things. Every other major site was 100% focused on their hatred of Trump. If you want to survive you need to zig while they zag.

I suppose it depends on what you're shooting caliber wise, granted I roll my own mostly for any volume shooting I do, and I also cast. I can shoot relatively cheaply as a pound of 2400 will load a LOT of rifle cartridges .

I'm good. last time the big ammo shortage was around all I wanted was 22lr because my kids liked shooting it and I was caught behind on that. But but it when you see it. A box here, a box there and the next thing you know you have ammo.

My colleagues at work used to criticize me since I have earthquake kit, etc. They don't criticize me anymore and some my coworkers but together an earthquake kits, bought canned food and dry goods before the pandemic started.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR