JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't shoot just to throw lead, have a plan...

Get a shot timer and break down your process.

Get some of these and work on malfunction clearance drills.
Amazon.com : ST Action Pro 9mm Orange Safety Trainer Dummy Round 10 Rounds : Gun Ammunition And Magazine Pouches : Sports & Outdoors

Great suggestions!

For folks whom have smart phones, there are shot timer "apps".

Have only used free ones (iPhone), pretty nifty! Emails splits & such to keep, to improve upon & such.

Be aware, whatever "app" may be be a battery hog. The ones we have are. So just use small backup battery packs we had anyways.

My neighbor came over today because he'd ordered a 45acp from Bi-mart a while ago and then there was the Background check wait. What I'm saying is some time had passed since his purchase. He wanted to go shoot it today but had no ammo. I gave him 5 rounds.
Reminds me when I was a kid, the guys knew we'd have to drive back home through a war zone after shooting but shot up all their ammo anyway. Well wouldn't ya know it.. long story.

Just fired off 50 rounds of 41 mag last Sunday. Not cheap in the best of times. And it's not a revolver for home defense, so it can take a nap until things re-settle. Still have 2 full boxes left. But what I think about every time I take ammo out of the locker and shoot is that I have to bring my inventory back up. Kind of an ugly feeling.
I just bought 400 .41 190 grain Hornady FTX bullets cheap (relatively) - $24/100. Reloading is the answer for .41 Magnum and .41 Action Express. I am turning them into .41 AE Critical Defense rounds. Not available anywhere else. I also have 3000 bullets 170 grain, 180 grain, 190 grain, 200 grain and 210 grain. Those and two pounds of AA#5 and two pounds of HS-6 gets me to 3000 rounds with plenty of powder left for .38 Special, .32 H&R Magnum and .357 Magnum.

Note to self - get more small pistol primers. :s0140:

welp, I spent more money on bullets the last month than on a gun. 9mm, 45acp, and 300 blkout rounds are crazy. $20-30 for 9mm, $40 for 45, and a whopping $25 for 20 rounds of black out.

any relief in sight? sheeesh.
so your saying you have some ammo for sale before rent is due? ;)

I hear ya, I always keep a stash, especially the larger calibers. 9mm is one of those quick to sell also that I try to keep FMJ and hornady boxed away.

Even .22 is sold out in many spots!

so your saying you have some ammo for sale before rent is due? ;)

I hear ya, I always keep a stash, especially the larger calibers. 9mm is one of those quick to sell also that I try to keep FMJ and hornady boxed away.

Even .22 is sold out in many spots!
:s0114: Lol. paying rent/mortgage ain't the problem. Explaining to the wifey why I spent $1000 on ammo this month is.

For anyone whom has thought a bit about reloading in the past, now would definitely be a good time to do it.

Yep. How many times have we heard that 9mm is so cheap it isn't even worth reloading. I went to my LGS last weekend -- usually they have a pallet of 9mm for sale. I saw _one_ single box of Winchester white box, and maybe twenty extremely expensive 20 rd boxes of exotic defense ammo. There was nothing else to be had.

As you mentioned, tuned ammo is a big plus -- but more than that, reloading is about having ammo when there's none to be bought

times like these, I wonder why people who reload don't make an extra buck by selling ammo *hint hint*
Illegal unless you are licensed. Insurance would make it unprofitable unless you can crank out 1000's of rounds a day.

From ATF:

Is a person who reloads ammunition required to be licensed as a manufacturer?

Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit.
No, if the person reloads only for personal use.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a) and 923(a); 27 CFR 478.41]

times like these, I wonder why people who reload don't make an extra buck by selling ammo *hint hint*

Make friends with a reloader. I share my reloads at zero cost with friends when we go shooting together. Of course, the accepted wisdom is to never shoot another person's reloads, so my friends may not be people you wish to emulate. ;-)

I just bought 400 .41 190 grain Hornady FTX bullets cheap (relatively) - $24/100. Reloading is the answer for .41 Magnum and .41 Action Express. I am turning them into .41 AE Critical Defense rounds. Not available anywhere else. I also have 3000 bullets 170 grain, 180 grain, 190 grain, 200 grain and 210 grain. Those and two pounds of AA#5 and two pounds of HS-6 gets me to 3000 rounds with plenty of powder left for .38 Special, .32 H&R Magnum and .357 Magnum.

Note to self - get more small pistol primers. :s0140:
Thank you

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews