JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, me thinks, for an Oregon resident, anything acquired prior to August 2015 they'd be hard pressed to prove you still owned as private sales without a BGC we're still perfectly legal. Anything acquired after July 2015 you'll be on the hook for chain of ownership…
However, if you bought anything thereafter, I would bet they could maybe have probable cause for saying you probably had something before 8/15, especially if there were any 4473s for any of those guns bought before 8/15, even though you could say they were sold before 8/15. If they can get the warrant and they find those guns in your possession when you should have turned them in...

same goes for WA residents

So, me thinks, for an Oregon resident, anything acquired prior to August 2015 they'd be hard pressed to prove you still owned as private sales without a BGC we're still perfectly legal. Anything acquired after July 2015 you'll be on the hook for chain of ownership…
The Idaho Constitution prohibits registration of firearms and there is no requirement to use a FFL to transfer a firearm to another Idaho resident. There are also no BG checks for those of us with concealed carry permits, as is the case in many other states. So any any trail will go dead pretty fast. All but one of my ARs was built from a stripped lower, which could easily be replaced with a lower machined from an 80% lower or a solid block of 7075. But the best answer is WWHBD?

OryGun is/was supposed to destroy records after 5 years, which we know full well thy have not followed the law, and in fact, got caught lying about it, TWICE! Not only that, but K8 ordered the OSP to maintain records past the legal 5 year period, so we're screwed, and yet, it would also prove they kept an illegal regrestry which should be challenged in court! We all know it won't matter, not in this state anyway, with the ultra liberal court beholden to Kween K8, and the nutty ninth would strike it down, even though it's a clear violation they don't care ether! So we're still screwed!

As far as confiscation, I don't think they are going to accept parts of firearms, they will demand the whole weapon, otherwise it gives people status that only certain parts make up a firearm, and leaves the door wide open to make additional firearms using other parts that they don't know about, and therefore cannot control! How hard to make something becomes the question, if your serialized part is all you are legally required to turn over we know plenty of ways to make new ones with out numbers thereby completing new firearms! They know full well what our side is capable of doing in the face of things like this, so they will be prepared!

In Oregon, those rules of freedom no longer apply. What I meant was, if not clear enough, is that I personally filled out a 4473 for all my firearms. I have exactly zero bought private party so if .gov had all my 4473s in hand, I wouldn't have any that weren't on that list. There would, of course, be many on that list I do not have from as you suggested, selling. Kind of my Achilles heel
The point is that if they do come to your your door looking for a gun you are under no obligation to still have any gun that you bought after filling out a 4473. That could mean you dont actually have it or it could mean you that you say you dont have it. Prove otherwise.

The same holds true with some NFA stuff too. If I form 1 a SBR and dot gov comes to my door asking for said SBR ... demanding said SBR...I can always say I dont have it I sold it as a rifle or I cut the receiver up and dont have it.

The Idaho Constitution prohibits registration of firearms and there is no requirement to use a FFL to transfer a firearm to another Idaho resident. There are also no BG checks for those of us with concealed carry permits, as is the case in many other states. So any any trail will go dead pretty fast. All but one of my ARs was built from a stripped lower, which could easily be replaced with a lower machined from an 80% lower or a solid block of 7075. But the best answer is WWHBD?
This works until the feds pass universal BGCs - the stated purpose being registration. The eventual goal is mandatory turn ins & then forceful confiscation, the PTB knowing they can't do confiscation until they have registration of the majority of firearms. Eventually, after universal BGCs and partial registration, they (gun control advocates) will say that there are too many guns that are not in the system and pass registration of all guns.

This works until the feds pass universal BGCs - the stated purpose being registration. The eventual goal is mandatory turn ins & then forceful confiscation, the PTB knowing they can't do confiscation until they have registration of the majority of firearms. Eventually, after universal BGCs and partial registration, they (gun control advocates) will say that there are too many guns that are not in the system and pass registration of all guns.
The goals your are speaking of are the goals of the Marxist/Globalist who want to enslave us and who know that they cannot do so while we are armed, even if we only have infantry weapons. When they get embolden enough to think that they can take our guns is when they will find out what the 2A is truly about. And it is not about hunting deer or elk, but rather tyrants!

My prediction is that it would wind up in court after a few people try to get away with turning in only the serialized part. Either that, or the pols that write the law would take it into account, but even then it would still be a bunch of "what ifs".

I have read that gun buy backs require a working gun? But that is a buy back, not a mandatory turn in.
From what I have read, HEARD AND never done personally is that GUN BUY BACKS in many states ALL ACROSS this nation do NOT require WORKING or NON working complete guns.

Like if a FIREARM of any type is in good shape/condition or NOT - if a piece is missing or banged up, etc. - the police or sheriff's department WILL ACCEPT IT and give the person cash or a cash card to use with NO QUESTIONS asked at all in almost ALL CASES in this nation.

Sometimes a gun that was USED IN A CRIME will turn up too. And the person who turns it IN may have NO clue that it was used in a crime in some cases too!

A GUN BUY BACK where people turn in good working guns or junky - screwed up guns is an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT situation than DEMANDING that people TURN in their guns by a .gov GONE WILD and more. I know that YOU know that but I just wanted to say this HERE.

Take care.

Cate

Lots of people have bought NIB guns with their FFL dealers over the years.

Many of those people have sold or gifted their firearms over the years too.

Some of them have lived in various states where IT was and still IS 100% LEGAL to do this (Sell/gift.) using an FFL dealer or selling/gifting to a private party with NO FFL dealer involved. Including to some family members or friends.

Some of us even had our now former or present firearms listed on Pre Nuptial Agreements and/or in our FORMER or newer/updated wills so there was/is NO doubt on WHO owned what coming into a marriage as a widow or as a life long single man or even a divorced person.

Every single item on my pre nuptial agreement 'gun wise' is long gone now. Gifted or sold.

Only 2 items listed on my MT husband's prenuptial agreement 'gun wise' are still OWNED by him and here.

Most people keep their gun lists with serial numbers updated for their OWN records or as a couple if they are married.

Plus they update their own ammunition supplies and reloading STUFF (All supplies and equipment.) if they reload.

And if they are into knives, axes or 'hawks - they keep a record there.

Throw in FORMER or present valuable or not so valuable items (Goods!) from a to z just for basic or added on insurance coverage.

We can have our own LISTS or not choose to do this.

Even if you bought ALL of your NIB firearms with your FFL dealer and they are all gone - gifted or sold 20 PLUS years or much longer... they are gone.

Same as if you did private sales and gifts - they are gone.

Almost ALL of our sales with our former firearms were completed with FFL dealers.

Consignments using full in store credits or at a MUCH lower commission due to buying something else with another dealer.

A few - tiny amount were private sales and gifts but not that many of them.

I never LOST any gun in a boating accident and I am 100% sure that will not happen since ALL of my late husband's boats and my ONE boat were SOLD years ago!

My MT husband sold his only (?) or last boat long before I ever knew him too.

Cate

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews