JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Since the 'receiver' or 'frame' or other serialized part is what is considered to be the 'firearm', if a state law comes into effect and does not specify specifically anything except a 'firearm' of a certain type as something to be 'banned' or confiscated - if a person turned in only a stripped down receiver/frame/serialized part, that would probably be considered complying with the law?

I know this is extremely hypothetical and subject to conjecture, but just putting it out there for just that; supposition and conjecture.

Should a person find themselves in between a rock and a hard place where the gov. can prove that they own a firearm because of BGC records...

24a51416a0d27795786d45662dca70c7.jpg

Turning in stripped lowers is my plan,if in the moment I chicken out and turn ANYTHING in...

And on a bit of a rant-It's been said that when it is time to bury your guns,it's time to dig them up.

We all scream and holler about "not one more inch'',"from my cold dead hands" etc,but I highly doubt that even the "3%" will actually offer any resistance to confiscation.We are just too fat,lazy,and incompetent.Or conversely,too worried about our jobs,wives,children,401k,etc.
I mean,beer and football,right?

Confiscation is coming,and everyone but the extreme wackos will comply.Hopefully when that time comes I will be old and wacko enough,and have nothing left to lose.
(**Edit to clarify that by "wacko", I'm simply using the terminology the mainstream would use to portray a patriot**)

Last Edited:
Turning in stripped lowers is my plan,if in the moment I chicken out and turn ANYTHING in...

And on a bit of a rant-It's been said that when it is time to bury your guns,it's time to dig them up.

We all scream and holler about "not one more inch'',"from my cold dead hands" etc,but I highly doubt that even the "3%" will actually offer any resistance to confiscation.We are just too fat,lazy,and incompetent.Or conversely,too worried about our jobs,wives,children,401k,etc.

Confiscation is coming,and everyone but the extreme wackos will comply.Hopefully when that time comes I will be old and wacko enough,and have nothing left to lose.

Agreed - with the addition is that sometimes it is better to live to fight another day - especially if you do not currently have the support of a significant portion of the populace, and if you retain firearms off the books that would be useful later at such a time as you need them.

Look at those countries (and now states in the USA?) where severe bans and turn ins have happened and there are still a significant number of people who have not complied. Some portion of those people have firearms that are not in gov. records. In first world 'democracies' there has been no uprising or revolt, and any actions by the government has generally been targeting of selected individuals where they stumble across "arsenals".

I personally do not want to be the subject of a siege and I don't want to be the lone 'rebel' who shoots it out with the ATF. I don't think confiscation is necessarily inevitable in my lifetime; I have considered it as a possibility for much longer than I have left to live. My father considered it a possibility which is why he did not buy any guns from an FFL until he was in his 70s (he died at 77).

Plus, I am guessing that those who have plans for eventual confiscation/etc., will give the BGC records time to build up so that they have some significant percentage of firearms in those records and a significant percentage of owners to investigate (20% of firearm owners owning 80% of firearms).

That inner struggle has been part of the American psyche since the beginning of the nation. Is the fight really worth it? And if it is, where is the line we will not allow those in power to cross? How wretchedly corrupt does the government have to become before the populace overthrows them? Who, and how many, are willing to fight, to die, to lose absolutely everything they have? To give up beer, football, and the easy life?

I don't think we've reached the tipping point yet. But the nation is terribly divided, and is largely being governed by incompetent and/or criminal people. If gun confiscation does come in my lifetime, I'm pretty sure the scoundrels in charge won't settle for stripped lowers.

DA472268-9BD9-4C3E-A46E-60F4D9E87673.jpeg

Since the 'receiver' or 'frame' or other serialized part is what is considered to be the 'firearm', if a state law comes into effect and does not specify specifically anything except a 'firearm' of a certain type as something to be 'banned' or confiscated - if a person turned in only a stripped down receiver/frame/serialized part, that would probably be considered complying with the law?

I know this is extremely hypothetical and subject to conjecture, but just putting it out there for just that; supposition and conjecture.

Should a person find themselves in between a rock and a hard place where the gov. can prove that they own a firearm because of BGC records...

I cant say for purchased fully assembled firearms but can say that your receipt for a 100% lower says just that...

I am not going to get into the who, and I think we should limit this to discussion of the legal aspects of a confiscation and not the political (mea culpa - sorry for letting it stray), but I will say something that I have said before as to how many; there are about 100 million gun owners in the USA.

As mentioned in another thread (Are you a "super gun owner"?), there is a minority of those owners who own most of the guns - the numbers being up for debate, but I believe the 80/20 rule (Pareto principle - Wikipedia) applies here; i.e., in general 80% of the firearms are owned by 20% of the owners.

So that would mean roughly 20% of owners are those who would really care about confiscation, the other 80% being those who would not care enough to resist - owning only a hunting rifle or a single self-protection handgun.

Of those 20% (20 million?) how many would care enough to put up a fight? How many would turn in a few and "bury"/hide the rest and cross their fingers that they don't get caught?

When you get right down to it, gun owners in general are increasingly a smaller and smaller percentage of the population - for various reasons I mentioned in the "super duper" thread (Are you a "super gun owner"?).

I don't think being part of the '3%' is a viable option.

Also, I am a prepper. I prep for the most likely scenario; IMO - carrying capacity of the earth being exceeded in the next 3 to 4 decades is inevitable. I won't live that long, but hopefully my kids will. When (not if) that happens, I want them to be prepared for the upheaval and chaos.

I don't think Idaho will ever participate in any kind of confiscation, at least not while I'm alive. I believe there are Idaho laws on the books that make enforcement of federal gun laws more strict than Idaho laws a state crime

Even if they screwed up and didn't add language to mean the entirety of the firearm making it legal, it would be against the intent of the law - that being to disarm the citizens in order to turn them into subjects. We are in the "shove" phase and soon to enter the "shoot" phase.

Our political spectrum is not a line; it's two dimensional with Anarchy to Totalitarianism as the X axis and left vs right as the Y axis. You may or may not like Beck, but he explains it very well in a two part video:

Watch: Timeline — America's slide toward a 'total-control' government

Watch: Timeline — America's slide toward a 'total-control' government (Part 2)

After watching the videos I was able to see how the pendulum swings from left to right keeps pushing us to tyranny .

BTW, I identify as "1791" on the X axis and have both conservative and liberal views.

I am new here but an old man. I do keep up with my reading and look around a lot so what I post is a simple point of view. I think if they call in the guns that everyone who is a registered owner will turn them in. Sacrilege I know because we as a people know our rights and many folks think they would use them before they would lose them.

Everyone who owns a gun is in a picture data base of some kind. They have no need to send cops to their death to round up guns, they just send these....

When they do their big push to make people turn in their firearms I will be moving my family out of the state. I know my house will not be one of the first to get hit so i will have plenty of time. Once i get my family safe. That will be my last defensive move. I dont think making your last stand in Oregon is a good idea. The majority of Oregon has no problem giving away their rites.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top