JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When they do their big push to make people turn in their firearms I will be moving my family out of the state. I know my house will not be one of the first to get hit so i will have plenty of time. Once i get my family safe. That will be my last defensive move. I dont think making your last stand in Oregon is a good idea. The majority of Oregon has no problem giving away their rites.

IMO they will cry later after the hammer comes down. Hopefully there will be enough free America to take it back.

You may have just moved up the list a few spaces.

That being said, I can agree with your sentiments.
Thats fine. I can be the first one they hit I did what needed to be done before the election. Do you think they will be hitting the homes of Police, Firefighters, and other forms of law enforcement ? I dont but i have been wrong a lot in my life lol....

When they do their big push to make people turn in their firearms I will be moving my family out of the state.

Personally, we are looking at eventually leaving the country all together. There was a time that I considered the rights "Guaranteed" us under the Constitution as a reason to never expatriate. Being one of those who once took the "oath" to defend those rights was another. With what is now happening in this country, I no longer consider myself as bound to that oath as I once was.
With corrupted politicians and judges {including the "SCOTUS'} declaring those rights as no longer absolute and subject to dubious "common sense editing", whats the point ? More upsetting are the large portions of the populace who no longer value or understand our rights.... or will trade them in for a shiny new trinket. The latest generation now of voting age is a prime example of this. The time for a Don Quixote charge to re-educate these people has passed. There are too few who would even support that now.

"But so where am I going to go that's better? " Probably no where that's better and definitely a lot of places that are worse. The entire world is becoming more corrupt before our eyes. The point is the differences between here and "over there" are becoming harder to discern. There is a virus that is affecting our once cherished way of life, it will eventually spread until there is no difference anywhere. Like the old saying.."wherever you go, there you are".

I am looking at it from a simple monetary standpoint now. There are still a few places left where politicians and local authorities can be cheaply paid to look the other way. My wallet and votes can't compete with Bloomberg's or Soro's bribery bags

Last Edited:
Personally, we are looking at eventually leaving the country all together. There was a time that I considered the rights "Guaranteed" us under the Constitution as a reason to never expatriate. Being one of those who once took the "oath" to defend those rights was another. With what is now happening in this country, I no longer consider myself as bound to that oath as I once was.
With corrupted politicians and judges "including the "SCOTUS'} declaring those rights as no longer absolute and subject to dubious "common sense editing", whats the point ? More upsetting are the large portions of the populace who no longer value or understand our rights.... or will trade them in for a shiny new trinket. The latest generation now of voting age is a prime example of this. The time for a Don Quixote charge to re-educate these people has passed. There are too few who would even support that now.

"But so where am I going to go that's better? " Probably no where that's better and definitely a lot of places that are worse. The entire world is becoming more corrupt before our eyes. The point is the differences between here and "over there" are becoming harder to discern. There is a virus that is affecting our once cherished way of life, it will eventually spread until there is no difference anywhere. Like the old saying.."wherever you go, there you are".

I am looking at it from a simple monetary standpoint now. There are still a few places left where politicians and local authorities can be cheaply paid to look the other way. My wallet can't compete with Bloomberg's or Soro's bribery bags
I will never leave this country. I love it too much. My family is Mormon, and has kept very good track of our history. I have a book written with all our family history dating back before the civil war. I read it often to myself and family so they know the sacrifices that have been made for their way of life.I could never betray the sacrifices that they have made for this country. Yes I will leave Oregon. My family was originally from Tennessee so I wont shed a tear when this state falls off in the ocean I just hope im not still here when it happens lol.

I am new here but an old man. I do keep up with my reading and look around a lot so what I post is a simple point of view. I think if they call in the guns that everyone who is a registered owner will turn them in. Sacrilege I know because we as a people know our rights and many folks think they would use them before they would lose them.

Everyone who owns a gun is in a picture data base of some kind. They have no need to send cops to their death to round up guns, they just send these....

I liked the post, but man... I really hate it, too. Flying-killer-robot swarms. That is so bad.

I liked the post, but man... I really hate it, too. Flying-killer-robot swarms. That is so bad.
Before i was married and had kids I traveled alot for work and i met this girl that worked for a company called L3 and they designed these things. The things she had access to ended up scaring me pretty good. At that time most of my female relationships were not ending good do to the fact i was always traveling.I never wanted to end up on her bad side so I bowed out gracefully and took off running.

I do not often comment, but I will say that when people say 'I' be ok or "I" will move out of state or 'I" will not comply with confiscation "I" think you are missing the purpose of not complying are and look at the confiscation in the UK and OZ and no people were not handing in stripped frames and receivers
legally they would only pay you for the 'whole' gun

and honestly I do not think there will ever be a door to door confiscation nationwide in the US, state by state county by county perhaps ....but I think it will be more likely say centerfired semi-auto rifles, handguns become prohibited and then after said date/time if you are caught in procession of said firearm then you will be prosecuted if caught with a prohibited firearm, of course criminals will not affected by this and most 'lawful citizens will say bubblegum it i still wanna eat a sandwich and watch television so heres my prohibited firearm thanks for the $50 dollar gift certificate look ma' i just got me $50 bucks for a sandwich ....

And again no I do not think the local police/FBI/ whatever will except a stripped receiver in a turn in/buy back they are dumb but not that dumb?

again during a confiscation could 'I" have a couple of handguns or whatever buried someplace just in case "I' ever need them? sure, but what use is that to the 2nd amendment and 'WE" the people

On this note,every single one of the members here that I have met who came here from another country (as in NOT BORN HERE) are the staunchest supporters of the 2nd.They KNOW what it is like to live in a Communist or war torn country,and they seem to be the least likely to bend over and hand in guns.
For instance,just about every person I've met who is originally from Russia/Ukraine owns guns,and their family and friends own guns.
Try taking them away from people who came here to escape that nonsense.
Kind of a twist on Red Dawn!

I think a lot of people underestimate the citizens of this great land. Yes the majority will just roll over and be herded into corrals. They are too comfortable driving their Suv's and drinking latte's.
With that said there will always be a small percentage of people that stand their ground and fight for what other people do not have the backbone to do. They have the same to lose just as you, family's, jobs, etc. These people aren't wackos and crazy, they are the people that made this country what it is today.
So when I hear talk about hiding this and that when confiscation comes I'm really kind of disgusted. We are Americans we don't hide, we stand up and fight for what we believe in.
Everyone has something to lose, its called your freedom. Get involved, write your elected officials, Vote !!! Freedom is earned not given, take a stand.

Rant over...

Last Edited:
If you didn't get the memo by now, confiscation only applies to the law abiding owners or those with registered arms. Pookie and Shuckie Duckie have nothing to worry about.

Confiscation is confiscation and we already have it for the "bad" people. Once jay walking is added to the bad list they will still claim, we never took the guns. The ones we took don't count.

Last Edited:
None of this matters to me, I'm a Deplorable! I have been at the top of confiscation lists as well as all the other lists since I retired! I have nothing to worry about, when the time comes, it's likely going to be me and those like me that get disappeared, let alone confiscated! Rhey can have my guns, gift wrapped witha real purty bow, i wont even fight! I have no illuions about what will happen, I choose to prep for the eventualities like these and have my ducks in a row should those days come! Run, run, run away, live to fight another day!

They want to reduce "Gun Violence" by confiscating semi auto guns? Imagine
the horrible bloodbath of door to door gun confiscation?:eek::eek: Perfect
liberal logic.:confused: It will only affect right wing Trump supporting gun nuts anyway.
Local law enforcement agencies in the rural areas will have nothing to do with
confiscation. Federal ATF gun confiscation agents coming to your town?:oops:

Back in 1988, because ALL our LEGALLY-held guns were registered, we lost them all.

Back in 1998, because ALL our legally-held cartridge-firing handguns were registered, we lost them all - well, not quite true, Northern Ireland, with over thirty years of urban terrorism behind it, had not a single case of the use of a LEGALLY-held handgun being used to commit a crime, so they abstained from the ban by telling Westminster to go pee up a rope.

The rest of us in England, Scotland and Wales, lost our handguns.

The lesson is obvious - Registration inevitably leads to Confiscation. What is permitted can easily be un-permitted.

Fact.

tac

Back in 1988, because ALL our LEGALLY-held guns were registered, we lost them all.

Back in 1998, because ALL our legally-held cartridge-firing handguns were registered, we lost them all - well, not quite true, Northern Ireland, with over thirty years of urban terrorism behind it, had not a single case of the use of a LEGALLY-held handgun being used to commit a crime, so they abstained from the ban by telling Westminster to go pee up a rope.

The rest of us in England, Scotland and Wales, lost our handguns.

The lesson is obvious - Registration inevitably leads to Confiscation. What is permitted can easily be un-permitted.

Fact.

tac

Folks, in Oregon virtually every sale/transfer needs to have a background check by law. Last year Gov Brownstain by executive order requires OSP to permanently keep the records of all those background checks. Even though the Oregon Constitution specifically prevents gun registration we still have one. OSP was caught years ago maintaining an illegal registration and now the Governor has unconstitutionally created one. Please tell me that the OSP is not electronically compiling the data, because why would the Governor mandate keeping the records if not to use them?

In Oregon your guns are effectively registered.

Tac is 100% correct that registration always leads to confiscation.

It IS coming. The only question is WHEN.

I don't know. There are plenty of disturbed people on both sides of the mainstream political road. A couple of bloodbaths from either side could be the trigger for a gigantic confrontation, should confiscation be attempted.
People often use the term, " in my/our lifetime."
I've been given a glimpse of when that will be and it's not all bad!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top