JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Breaking News: An earthquake measuring an 8 on the Richter scale hit the PNW today, causing all of Portland, Seattle, Tacoma, and Olympia to fall in the ocean......

Don't get my hopes up ya big tease! :s0140: Of course I'd wish for all (okay, most) of you guys to be unscathed and bask in the glory of a reborn free land after all the wackaloon lefties sink to the depths of the pacific.

Storm completely missed the Houston area, it seems. We never even got a breeze last night, though I stayed up till they predicted the storm would be no longer a threat to our area via tornado. I DID have a "bump in the night" that caused me to go outside with an AR and a flashlight - 2nd night in the last 3 something like that happened - something banging on the back of the house last night, before that it sounded like someone dragging one of my totes off the porch (I don't have a shop / garage, so we do have some stuff still in totes still on the porch) - when I checked out the windows out back where the noise came from I couldn't see anything, but when I went to the front of the house the security lights in the driveway were on. Nada captured on the security cam :mad:

Mississippi gulf coast experienced a natural disaster from Katrina; New Orleans was a man made disaster.

Spent one day in New Orleans, and seven months on the Mississippi gulf coast [Pass Christian to be exact] as a volunteer in 2005-2006.
View attachment 740880
Those steps were the only thing left of the city hall/police station in Pass Christian.
I was there for the Hurricane Camille in 1969. Gulfport, Pass Christian, Bay St Louis. It was a Cat 5 with winds to 180 mph. Very devastating.

I got to "DO" Katrina, that was BAD, this one is supposed to be worse with the surge and flooding! The whole area is basically flat, and all that water needs to go somewhere, so it spreads as it comes ashore and wipes out everything in it's path! We saw water over 20 feet deep in places in and around "The Ninth Ward" and the surrounding areas, and there was evidence that the surge went higher!

After watching many of the "after the event" stories and videos this morning (8/27) it looks to me like the weather and news people were once again overstating the dangers in order to get people out of the danger areas. The "unsurvivable storm surge" they talked about all day yesterday-claiming a 15'-20', devastating surge, apparently did not happen, as there was no evidence of that this AM. Lots of wind damage, for sure, and a terrible event, to be sure, but certainly not the apocalyptic event predicted.
They are saying this storm is more powerful than Katrina. Did they fix the issues with the levies to prevent the problem from happening again? Then again they are basically in a bowl as it is...
[/QUOTE

I got to "DO" Katrina, that was BAD, this one is supposed to be worse with the surge and flooding! The whole area is basically flat, and all that water needs to go somewhere, so it spreads as it comes ashore and wipes out everything in it's path! We saw water over 20 feet deep in places in and around "The Ninth Ward" and the surrounding areas, and there was evidence that the surge went higher!
You don't work for FEMA do you?

OH! Gottcha'. One of my friends lost a son during a PJ training exercise.
My Condolences to the family!
It never a question of "IF" only a question of "When" in that profession, and how bad it's going to be!
with a 98% Injury rate, the odds are always against you, your going to get hurt doing that mission, be it training or live!

THAT OTHERS MAY LIVE!

My Condolences to the family!
It never a question of "IF" only a question of "When" in that profession, and how bad it's going to be!
with a 98% Injury rate, the odds are always against you, your going to get hurt doing that mission, be it training or live!

THAT OTHERS MAY LIVE!
Yup. It's what happens when you jump out of a plane or helicopter with a bag full of needles and sharp things strapped near your nuts!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top