JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm at work and have a couple of monitors up to keep an eye on things for our Houston office. Maximum sustained winds I'm seeing now are 108 mph. That's a 10m above ground level. Not bad. Highest gust so far has been 150 mph.

I'll be watching it all night until end of shift at 6am.

Mississippi gulf coast experienced a natural disaster from Katrina; New Orleans was a man made disaster.

Spent one day in New Orleans, and seven months on the Mississippi gulf coast [Pass Christian to be exact] as a volunteer in 2005-2006.
036.jpg
Those steps were the only thing left of the city hall/police station in Pass Christian.

a year from now i'll be fixing flood damaged cars for hack car lots they bought totaled from that area and shipped up here. that means i'll likely be having to deal with MRSA infections again. sigh.

The storm has made landfall at Cameron, LA :( 150mph winds, huge storm surge, its going to be bad. Eastern edge is going to be real bad. This is on the verge of a Cat 5 storm, and was said to be the worst storm to enter this part of the Gulf.

The updates info from the NWS says the storm will miss us here NW of Houston, they cancelled the Tropical Storm Warning for my county. Still have concerns of possible tornado. I don't plan on going to bed for a few more hours till the storm has likely passed. Prayers for those in Louisiana and very far SE Texas, Beaumont is on the western edge of the storm and they always seem to get ****d by hurricanes.

Saw that a 14 year old girl was killed when a tree fell on her house. I don't know the particulars or circumstances, but I just don't get staying home when you've been told for a week that a storm that is historically big is gonna hit. If you wanna ride it out, great. But what about your kids?

Supposed to be down that way now with Red Cross but had a heart attack..Don't, they hurt like hell. Been off here for a year about, just couldn't feel ok about lost freedom. Barroom brawl i had with two guys, in Yosemite, being the one still on my feet when the law showed up, got arrested, 1981. Kalifornia listed it as a felony on my rap sheet and it showed up on the NICS during a check for a purchase at Fox Firearms here, never was a problem before. Got cleared as a misdemeanor last week so. Good to be back. Had to hire Kollie Law Group up in Bend, Ed Neusteter has a license to practice in Kalifornia and is a good guy who went to bat for me. Hope that ok to mention here?. Have been down the Gulf on these events and the folks there move with the tide really. Many don't have the resources to just leave and we open shelters etc. till things calm and settle. Not particularly happy about this anchor in my chest while fellow volunteers are serving in the Gulf Coast and Kalifornia on the fires.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top