JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We're headed out there this weekend for a family vacation. I was thinking of taking my bow and going out with my daughters for an easy hunt for deer/elk. Is the area around there worth looking in to?

I gave up hunting years ago after a near miss, or, rather a bunch of near misses by some drunk rifle hunters.
I haven't kept up on the new regs regarding archery hunting, so thanks for the info.
Good luck with your hunt.

theres deer everywhere in sunriver.
Except hunting within the city limits of Sunriver is illegal.
road hunt a national forest road
Your best bet would be to get out in the woods WEST of Sunriver such as around Crane Prairie Reservoir/Browns Mtn. area. Not far from SR but much more 'away' from it all. Study these areas on a map to familiarize yourself with them. Actually its a nice ride up to the Browns Mtn. area.

Last Edited:
We went fishin to a bunch of lakes around crane resevoir, I'll have to check some of those area out. I was also thinking of going across the highway on the Paulina side, you can get pretty far back into the woods, and in certain it's outside city limits.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top