JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I needto complete the "range skills evaluation" portion of hunters ed. I have completed the online hunters ed course, however it looks like all the range eval classes they have scheduled are pretty much full up through the end of the year. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this done before deer season?

Travel to different locations and take a day off work if you really want to get through it. The "range test" to me was kind of a formality joke. I was done and out in about 3 hours. Luckily I was able to schedule the test a few blocks from work.

The instructors I had were knowledgeable but when asked some little beyond basic questions they weren't able to really answer. They stress muzzle control big time. We had an instructor almost point a "dummy" gun at another instructor on accident. It was bad.

Yeah, I just started a new job where you literally cannot take time off unless it is a major emergency, hence the online class. I was hoping for something closer than 4 hours away......

Well, a little update. I have a friend who is a master hunter who said he could sign off on the field skills for me. We went shooting, he signed off, I sent it all in. A month later I get it back saying I MUST take an actual field skills eval class. Great, now no deer hunting for me. I saw Kitsap rifle and revolver club has a class on the 20th. I am going to call and see if I can show up in case someone doesn't show......needless to say I am vary disapointed

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top