JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Skinny bastid... :p;):D

I was also way back then, the only guy to come out of boot weighing less than I went in...most guys gained weight due to eating 3 squares. I went in at 175lbs and came out at 155lbs. lol. Maintained that weight for only 10 years.
I believe I weighed in at 143 going in and came out at 147 lol. At 6'4" I was definitely bones. I am nowhere near that now. Once I hit 21 or so, it was all downhill lol.

Only Jayhawks as far as I recall!

Oh well, was after my time. In late 1970s, I was in San Diego when they were testing the Dolphin, and had just started looking at the swimmer program. Jayhawks were later... I don't know by how much tho. I don't know anything about ships/boats other than 180', 110' and Polar Star and Polar Sea, the latter which I was the right handed rifleman in the Color Guard at the commissioning ceremony.

I don't know by how much tho. I don't know anything about ships/boats other than 180', 110' and Polar Star and Polar Sea, the latter which I was the right handed rifleman in the Color Guard at the commissioning ceremony.

Love the sound of the Dolphin. Instantly recognizable!

Were you legit Honor Guard to do such a large ceremony? Or just Basic Honor Guard like me?

Love the sound of the Dolphin. Instantly recognizable!

Were you legit Honor Guard to do such a large ceremony? Or just Basic Honor Guard like me?

IDK... I was in the Honor Guard company (Oscar Company) in boot camp. Within that, my position was in the Color Guard. Three months worth. Only did what I was ordered. We left Government Island (boot camp at the time) on the Oakland Bay area, loaded up on a bus and traveled to Seattle to participate in the commish ceremony. It was very different and spinning that rifle I sure didn't want to screw up in front of thousands, including the Commandant of the Coast Guard!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top