JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Skinny bastid... :p;):D

I was also way back then, the only guy to come out of boot weighing less than I went in...most guys gained weight due to eating 3 squares. I went in at 175lbs and came out at 155lbs. lol. Maintained that weight for only 10 years.
I believe I weighed in at 143 going in and came out at 147 lol. At 6'4" I was definitely bones. I am nowhere near that now. Once I hit 21 or so, it was all downhill lol.

Only Jayhawks as far as I recall!

Oh well, was after my time. In late 1970s, I was in San Diego when they were testing the Dolphin, and had just started looking at the swimmer program. Jayhawks were later... I don't know by how much tho. I don't know anything about ships/boats other than 180', 110' and Polar Star and Polar Sea, the latter which I was the right handed rifleman in the Color Guard at the commissioning ceremony.

I don't know by how much tho. I don't know anything about ships/boats other than 180', 110' and Polar Star and Polar Sea, the latter which I was the right handed rifleman in the Color Guard at the commissioning ceremony.

Love the sound of the Dolphin. Instantly recognizable!

Were you legit Honor Guard to do such a large ceremony? Or just Basic Honor Guard like me?

Love the sound of the Dolphin. Instantly recognizable!

Were you legit Honor Guard to do such a large ceremony? Or just Basic Honor Guard like me?

IDK... I was in the Honor Guard company (Oscar Company) in boot camp. Within that, my position was in the Color Guard. Three months worth. Only did what I was ordered. We left Government Island (boot camp at the time) on the Oakland Bay area, loaded up on a bus and traveled to Seattle to participate in the commish ceremony. It was very different and spinning that rifle I sure didn't want to screw up in front of thousands, including the Commandant of the Coast Guard!!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top