JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm the FNG here. Well, been a couple of weeks or so since I joined, but you get the point.

I'm Steve, did some time in the USCG in the 90's where I caught the shooting bug. My duty sidearm was the M9, which I wasn't a big fan of other than the beauty of the thing. I much preferred my personal Glock.

Ran across this page while looking for stuff so I joined up. Thanks for all the info here!

My newest acquisition is a gen 4 Glock 22, previously had a G22, which I guess they would call gen 1 now.

Super huge welcome from a fellow Coastie!!!

What was your rate Mate? Or was you a gentleman??? Semper Paratus.jpg

I was a brown shoe/zoomie.... Aviation Electronics (AT when the still had that rate, now it's all AE under one roof). Search and Rescue Aircreman too. 1975-1980 . Last duty Air Station San Diego. Gotta pic on my other 'puter.

My CG buddy was a Yeoman. He went from SD to Anchorage as a Yeoman, then as a Recruiter when the wanted to send him to HQ in Washington D.C.. But since he started his career as a Marine, then a cop, he was the armorer there in AK. Worked primarily on 1911s and shot on their team. So he's a Colt guy and a S&W revolver guy. Rips me a lot cuz a my Glock fetish. But hey, I also have 2011s!!! And ARs and Rugers... (and two Taurus... don't tell anybody!!)

Where were you stationed?

Super huge welcome from a fellow Coastie!!!

What was your rate Mate? Or was you a gentleman???View attachment 675083

I was a brown shoe/zoomie.... Aviation Electronics (AT when the still had that rate, now it's all AE under one roof). Search and Rescue Aircreman too. 1975-1980 . Last duty Air Station San Diego. Gotta pic on my other 'puter.

My CG buddy was a Yeoman. He went from SD to Anchorage as a Yeoman, then as a Recruiter when the wanted to send him to HQ in Washington D.C.. But since he started his career as a Marine, then a cop, he was the armorer there in AK. Worked primarily on 1911s and shot on their team. So he's a Colt guy and a S&W revolver guy. Rips me a lot cuz a my Glock fetish. But hey, I also have 2011s!!! And ARs and Rugers... (and two Taurus... don't tell anybody!!)

Where were you stationed?

Thanks! Semper P! Great to see shipmate here!

Was PS (reserve only rate at the time), gone now. New rate I believe is ME. Graduated Cape May in '91, D-137 SCD.

Took guaranteed geo location (for a girl of course) and was at Yaquina Bay. From non-rate there, to Umpqua River as reserve and went to PS-A school in Yorktown. Finished out at Umpqua. Qualified crew on 44' and RHI (20'), BTM and comms. Started on the brand spanking new 47' but never finished before I got out for good. Regret getting out.

Thanks! Semper P! Great to see shipmate here!

Was PS (reserve only rate at the time), gone now. New rate I believe is ME. Graduated Cape May in '91, D-137 SCD.

Took guaranteed geo location (for a girl of course) and was at Yaquina Bay. From non-rate there, to Umpqua River as reserve and went to PS-A school in Yorktown. Finished out at Umpqua. Qualified crew on 44' and RHI (20'), BTM and comms. Started on the brand spanking new 47' but never finished before I got out for good. Regret getting out.

That's some good duty right there!! Seems like you loved your work as much as I loved mine!!!

I got out because I couldn't stand authority. I loved the job, but hated having everybody with one more stripe being a god over me. Was also having "issues" with the gal I was married to at the time. Moved here to La Grande for the lifestyle. Then went to Brookings to work for another Radio Communications shop. Loved Brookings but the job wasn't so great. Wanted to get back in, could have... I was just in the last year of age that they would still take me... I proposed that I would teach at the AT "A" school since I held the all time scholastic avg there and had taught for a few months until my wife had the baby and I got my duty station. But they would only offer me E3.... couldn't support my family or have much credibility teaching as an E3!!!

PM me some pics if you have any!

BTW, our member @The Heretic is a black shoe Coastie also... say hi you guys!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top