JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks! Semper P! Great to see shipmate here!

Was PS (reserve only rate at the time), gone now. New rate I believe is ME. Graduated Cape May in '91, D-137 SCD.

Took guaranteed geo location (for a girl of course) and was at Yaquina Bay. From non-rate there, to Umpqua River as reserve and went to PS-A school in Yorktown. Finished out at Umpqua. Qualified crew on 44' and RHI (20'), BTM and comms. Started on the brand spanking new 47' but never finished before I got out for good. Regret getting out.

I was an MK3 at Yaquina Bay from about '78 to 81 under Chief Haigh when the '300 was run over by a freighter and the boathouse was knocked over, when the crew quarters were upstairs in the station house, not the new quarters where the garage used to be.

I was a crew member on the '300, the '400 and the Victory, and we still had the 36' in the water. I was on duty when my young friend Steven Speer fell from the tower in a senseless accident and died.

We did not have the air station they have now or officers - all were enlisted.

Never been on or even seen a 47' in person.

I still have a lot of pics of those days. Maybe one of these days I will digitize them and post them somewhere.

My Son took us out on one of the 47 boats last summer, what a rush that was! I gotta say, as big a ballz as I thought I had jumping outta perfectly good airplanes and helo's, those motor boat boys and girls are nucking futz! Seriously, I salute those who go out when others run in, I know well the risks!

@Caveman Jim has a relative that is a Coastie also!!

Yup, my son was just promoted to CPO and is already working on Senior Chief. He's got 3years to go for his 20 & he'll be 37 if he retires then. ;)

He spent time in Coos-bay, Port Angeles, Morehead city North Carolina, Ketchikan Alaska and back in North Carolina at Nags Head. He is really wanting to finish up in Alaska because that's where he's going to end up after he gets out either way.

Last Edited:
I'm the FNG here. Well, been a couple of weeks or so since I joined, but you get the point.

I'm Steve, did some time in the USCG in the 90's where I caught the shooting bug. My duty sidearm was the M9, which I wasn't a big fan of other than the beauty of the thing. I much preferred my personal Glock.

Ran across this page while looking for stuff so I joined up. Thanks for all the info here!

My newest acquisition is a gen 4 Glock 22, previously had a G22, which I guess they would call gen 1 now.

You just won MY raffle prize.... "STEVE". o_O

4AFD8C87-B0CE-4834-9FA6-A344BA1A2F3E.gif

You better be wearing khakis... "Steve"!

;):D

I was an MK3 at Yaquina Bay from about '78 to 81 under Chief Haigh when the '300 was run over by a freighter and the boathouse was knocked over, when the crew quarters were upstairs in the station house, not the new quarters where the garage used to be.

I was a crew member on the '300, the '400 and the Victory, and we still had the 36' in the water. I was on duty when my young friend Steven Speer fell from the tower in a senseless accident and died.

We did not have the air station they have now or officers - all were enlisted.

Never been on or even seen a 47' in person.

I still have a lot of pics of those days. Maybe one of these days I will digitize them and post them somewhere.
Wow, that's some serious hardship! I rode Victory A few times.

Yup, my son was just promoted to CPO and is already working on Senior Chief. He's got 3years to go for his 20 & he'll be 37 if he retires then. ;)

He spent time in Coos-bay, Port Angeles, Morehead city North Carolina, Ketchikan Alaska and back in North Carolina at Nags Head. He is really wanting to finish up in Alaska because that's where he's going to end up after he gets out either way.

Tell Chief congrats please!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top