JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a long time hobby level gunsmither, I did my first, a Ten22 in '77, or there abouts, I still own it, but have now put it in the gun safe, such a relic! I own the new Ten22/Breakdown model, and am sad to see the trigger Grouping is housed in Plastic, I may swap it with my original, if I am not satisfied with its function/strength to really keep it tuned.

62 years of age, medically retired through the Veterans Admin, U.S. Army, TayNinh RVN, working with the Crusaders, 187th AHC.

The majority of my gunsmithing has been on Ruger's, Single Six, a couple of Security Six's A 7 1/2" Super Blackhawk in 44Mag.

I am just settling into a nice house where I finally can separate out my wood working from the metal working. (Yeah Team!)

After Benches are made, and my lath & mill set up, I will start my first real attempt to Re-Build a revolver: I picked up a Hopkins&Allen top break, for next to nothing with another gun purchase.... knowing I was to attempt a real nice parlor gun.

:huh:

After the cylinder is timed, I will turn a series of bronze cartridges, with just a primer pocket and drill a passage up to a seat for 22 pellets! the barrel will be drilled and inserted for one of my 22 LR barrel inserts I have.

But I do a lot of head work first, then ask questions where needed, and I still need to prep the metal shop... the wood shop was a "needed first" situation....

philip

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads