JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello Northwest Firearms community!

I'm excited to join this forum and introduce myself. I go by the username OkieNW, and I've been passionate about firearms for over 35 years. I've always had a fascination with shooting sports dating back to my childhood, and it's a hobby that's stuck with me throughout my life.

My interests in firearms primarily revolve around personal defense handguns, revolvers, and rimfire target pistols and rifles. While I have considerable experience, life took me away from this hobby for about a decade, and I am now thrilled to be getting back into it for the first time since I moved to the Pacific Northwest.

Currently, I'm eager to learn more about personal defense and concealed carry regulations in Washington state. Additionally, I have a growing interest in competitive rimfire shooting and would love to connect with fellow enthusiasts in the area.

I recently had the opportunity to shoot at Bellevue Gun Club, which was an enjoyable experience. I'm also considering exploring membership options at Securite in Bothell/Woodinville, and I'd appreciate any insights or recommendations from those familiar with the range.

I am here to learn and share experiences, and I look forward to engaging with the knowledgeable and passionate members of this forum and contributing to the discussions.

Thank you for welcoming me to the NorthwestFirearms community.

-OkieNW

Great intro, hopefully you'll find all the information you're looking for here and connect with some like minded individuals. Welcome to the forum!

Last Edited:
Hints the handle....welcome!
...no, Okie was the tag of all the midwest transplants during the depression. My Mom transplanted from Iowa during the depression, and hated the Okie tag.

In the mid-1930s, during the Dust Bowl era, large numbers of farmers fleeing ecological disaster and the Great Depression migrated from the Great Plains and Southwest regions to California mostly along historic U.S. Route 66. Californians began calling all migrants by that name, even though many newcomers were not actually Oklahomans. The migrants included people from Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Texas, Colorado and New Mexico, but were all referred to as "Okies" and "Arkies".

Last Edited:
Hello @OkieNW -- Welcome from the gun-totin' old broad contingent. I'm especially interested in SW and Ruger revolvers in 357mag and .44mag. For self defense, woods carry, plinking, and handgun hunting.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

1695093406640.png

Aloha, Mark

Hello Northwest Firearms community!

I'm excited to join this forum and introduce myself. I go by the username OkieNW, and I've been passionate about firearms for over 35 years. I've always had a fascination with shooting sports dating back to my childhood, and it's a hobby that's stuck with me throughout my life.

My interests in firearms primarily revolve around personal defense handguns, revolvers, and rimfire target pistols and rifles. While I have considerable experience, life took me away from this hobby for about a decade, and I am now thrilled to be getting back into it for the first time since I moved to the Pacific Northwest.

Currently, I'm eager to learn more about personal defense and concealed carry regulations in Washington state. Additionally, I have a growing interest in competitive rimfire shooting and would love to connect with fellow enthusiasts in the area.

I recently had the opportunity to shoot at Bellevue Gun Club, which was an enjoyable experience. I'm also considering exploring membership options at Securite in Bothell/Woodinville, and I'd appreciate any insights or recommendations from those familiar with the range.

I am here to learn and share experiences, and I look forward to engaging with the knowledgeable and passionate members of this forum and contributing to the discussions.

Thank you for welcoming me to the NorthwestFirearms community.

-OkieNW
There's a class on Sept 20th at Securité gun club (in your general area) taught by this guy, scroll to the 1:18 mark for details.

Further details @ www.securitefunclub.com

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews