JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Being new to the hobby, I had all kinds of expectations for the "biggest gun show in the Pacific NW" or however it was billed.

Reading posts from more experienced gun owners/ show goers, and listening to bits and pieces of conversation on the floor itself gave me some perspective. Frankly, I would have thought there would be a bit more selection of guns and accessories. I was able to buy my first 9mm at the show at a reasonable price ( I had done lots of price research) but I used my first purchase, a S&W 638 airweight, as a guide. That snubby cost me $440 NIB at a local shop last month, and I saw several at the show over $600! A new Sig 226 was $1025!!

I had hoped to buy a Walther P99 in 9mm, and settled for my second choice, the S&W SW99 (same gun, pretty much) because there was not a Walther P99 in the whole show! I would estimate 50% of the 9mm guns I saw were Glock or Springfield. Guess that tells me what is selling. I was also interested in a CZ75 and didn't see a one.

The other expectation that wasn't accurate was the ability to haggle for a deal. The only vendor who even offered to make a deal was the guy selling books in the back (and being an avid reader, I spent a lot of time and money there!). Very eclectic stuff.

Finally, I had hoped to buy some hi-cap mags and maybe some mag pouches for the S&W I bought. Zero. And since I'm a rookie, I would rather not guess as to the quality and condition of used mags. But it seemed to me there was a lot of junk on some of those tables, and the prices were almost always higher than what I'd scoped online.

At any rate, it warmed my heart to see so many folks exercising their 2nd Amendment rights, even here in the Peoples' Republic of Oregon. I joke with my lib friends about meeting the nicest people where gun owners gather. Folks waiting patiently in long lines, no jerks, lots of please, thank you and excuse me.

And there is something very cool about chicks with guns. . . ;)

Bah, everyone knows the reason you go to a gun show is for wind chimes, chinese toys, and beanie babies! :D

:s0114:

I was really looking forward to some good jerky, but the small selection I saw (maybe I missed the good stuff) seemed to be mass produced and over priced :(

I met Joey, Jenny, and Nick (PhysicsGuy)

Nice meeting you guys! (and gal!)

Ammo prices really sucked. I thought it was hilarious that there was a booth selling beanie babies "targets"

I was also interested in a CZ75 and didn't see a one.

Keiths had a few CZs on the far side, but I didnt stop to look when I walked by their table, also I did see some people walking around with nachos :p

I would make the trip to philomath to get a CZ if I were you, (unless you were looking for a non "b"), great place.

I hope you all had a great time at the show, it was nice to meet you guys, I hope that it was worth the time and money. And I hope to see some more of you guys (and gals) tomorrow.

p.s. joey - we would make great salesmen ;) (with jenny's lure)

Ha, I was thinking you might be Joey's SON, pretending to be him!:s0112:

But if you want to bring JennyC out sometime, and you let me take pic's
I have a bunch of MG's that need a good work-out:

:gun10:
:gun11:
:gun09:
:gun04:

Pat

:s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114:

We'll let you know when we can afford the ammo :winkkiss:

You guys have to BUY AMMO?

That is one reason I created the LLC, so the Company can buy all ammo for DEMO, and Photo Op purposes.

Hey now, THAT sounds like a plan!

Got to meet Joey and Jenny, impressed with their proffesionalism and personal demeanor. They were nice people too LOL LOL

jj

It was great meeting you as well Jim :)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class