JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree. Phone calls, showing up at Town Halls in numbers, and personal interaction are some things we can easily do. Richard Devlin is my District Senator and I'm not optimistic that he'll respond, but I'll call his office and "plead my case."

How about a letter that shows you know their home address, their dog's name, the color of their bedroom wallpaper, and how their sock drawer is arranged! o_O

I know, it's creepy... but I'd bet they listen to that! :D

Creepy, yes. Better to try and make it seem like THEIR own great idea to support our rights, instead of "creepy" that can easily backfire.

The one problem with Emily's advise is that she worked for a Republican (Who may have wanted to hear from constituents), this does not work on demonrats, as they don't give a damn what you have to say, unless it aligns with their agenda.

Ray

The one problem with Emily's advise is that she worked for a Republican (Who may have wanted to hear from constituents), this does not work on demonrats, as they don't give a damn what you have to say, unless it aligns with their agenda.

Ray

Republicans are no different, it just happens that what they claim to want and work for align more closely with what you want. Don't make the mistake of thinking that means they give a damn about you or what you think.

Agree. D's are at least honest about what they are doing.

It's all well and good to make calls, go down to district offices, go to town halls, etc. The problem is always "concentrated benefits, diffuse costs". People want to live their lives, not spend untold hours lobbying. On the other hand, those in government and their cronies DO have the time to push their views. They have a direct financial stake (or a pay-off in power) to gain from doing so.

The system is rigged.

Republicans are no different, it just happens that what they claim to want and work for align more closely with what you want. Don't make the mistake of thinking that means they give a damn about you or what you think.

One thing for sure that we DO KNOW is that Democrats don't give one bubblegum about our right to keep and bear arms!!!:eek::eek::eek: Say it ain't so!!!

Speaking of that, Kurt Schrader is a Senate Democrat and a gun owner. I wonder if someone from his district were to call his office and enlighten him as to what is (allegedly going to happen) next legislative session and maybe he would make a phone call to Salem and tell them to knock it off or any funding they want-for light rail or whatever, he will oppose.....

Speaking of that, Kurt Schrader is a Senate Democrat and a gun owner. I wonder if someone from his district were to call his office and enlighten him as to what is (allegedly going to happen) next legislative session and maybe he would make a phone call to Salem and tell them to knock it off or any funding they want-for light rail or whatever, he will oppose.....

He's actually my U.S. Congresscritter... at a public forum meeting I saw him take a ration of sheite from an anti-2A blowhard not long after Sandyhook about how he wasn't "DOING SOMEHING", he said that he thought we already had more than enough gun laws and don't need any more.

What was funny to me was I was less than 10' away from the "blowhard" and I was more heavily armed than the ONE uniformed police officer pulling security... blowhards can be SO clueless... LOL!

What you suggest may be worth a try, but I have a feeling he's up to speed on what his "local" politicians' agenda is.

Agree. D's are at least honest about what they are doing.

<snip>

The system is rigged.

Yes it is but it still comes down to voting. Until we can get a large percentage on the gun owners to vote its a losing battle. If we can get a large percentage of them to vote against those who are against them it will change things. The people in office will not change their opinion but they will do what they need to do to keep their jobs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top