JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One question not answered, how did it get there?

Good question. It was a base for a lightpost. Not a very tall one either. A doctor used to own this place. His wife bought him a cement mixer one Christmas. I guess he felt manly playing with it, cause my place is full of cement.

I did an addition on a SW Portland house and the original owner must have worked in the concrete business, as the house had concrete everywhere. There was really nice concrete planters and foundation vent curbs, sidewalks all around the house, even sidewalks to the garden out back.
But the real kicker was a cement patio that was partially in the way of the new addition.
I needed to cut a 24' long by 3' section parallel to the back side of the house so I could dig out for the foundation forms.
I first drilled a couple of test holes with my roto-hammer to see how thick the slab was.
It seemed it to be only a couple of inches deep, but after renting a concrete saw I found out that it consisted of three different layers with some sand that back filled in between them.
Two days later, I finally excavated over two feet thick of concrete that had a ton of metal embedded in it.
I found an old bed spring, steel posts, an ironing board, a cast iron laundry tub and to beat all, a 1948 front bumper off a Mercury sedan with the license plate still attached.
I burned up a brand new 24" rental diamond blade, I then borrowed a cutting torch and I personally think that the rest of the car was buried somewhere else in that mess.
They don't make bumpers like that anymore.

1948-ford-mercury-eight-sedan-rhd.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads