JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
take a piece of string wet it run it through some fine sand and with someone elses help pull it back and forth across the block like it was a cross cut saw. TYou will have to replace the fine sand and the string every so often but with a little persistence you can cut it in half. The start work on it 90 degree to that cut and soon you will have 4 pieces. Keep going until you can pickup a piece and toss it in a pickup.

Worked to build the Pyramids

take a piece of string wet it run it through some fine sand and with someone elses help pull it back and forth across the block like it was a cross cut saw. TYou will have to replace the fine sand and the string every so often but with a little persistence you can cut it in half. The start work on it 90 degree to that cut and soon you will have 4 pieces. Keep going until you can pickup a piece and toss it in a pickup.

Worked to build the Pyramids
Best answer.

I have no clue how much it weighs, from the picture it looks prettt big, but I imagine getting 4-6 young strong guys to lift into a truck then just push it out after would work. You're the one asking for ideas, so good luck...

Pulley systems were invented just for problems like this...
Don't do the pickup truck thing...

I wasn't sure what to expect clicking to look at what this thread was about.

Glad to say I'm thoroughly happy with what I found!

On a serious note, I'd start digging a hole under it. Get it big enough on one side so when I finally gave it a nudge it would fall in.

Do you have a rotohammer? Cause I have a cheapo method that involves drilling a few holes and using expanding cement that will easily do it if it's a rock. Ifn it's cement, maybe not.

Edit, SA shooter just posted the stuff right there.

Doh, watched the video but it was Gold Rush. I understand that the thing got buried in a hole. Congrats. Done.

We used to run into those erratics (rocks) from the Missoula floods when we were grading / trenching for golf courses or sports fields. My underground obstacle clause in our contracts gave us a change order to take care of it. Most of the time we cleared around it, dug a deep azz hole and then used a 150 hp excavator to push it in the hole. We hit a big one, one time that was about 2 feet down and the size of a VW bug.

Used the big excavator to dig a 12 foot deep hole, and it took that excavator and a D8 dozer to move that rock into the hole. When it hit bottom, probably set off the seismograph at OSU in Corvallis. I hit about 5 of them of various sizes over 25 years in the business.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top