JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
a fiberglass extension ladder, preferable with aluminum line hooks, and a pair of scissors..

as others have said, the powerlines are insulated. they're no different than an extension cord, except they've got more juice flowing through them and they may have cracks in the insulation from being out in the weather constantly. just do it in dry weather with a fiberglass ladder and you'll be totally fine.

i'm not an electrician, but i am a general contractor.. i've played some great tricks on new guys with electrical stacks. a new guy working near the powerline and being all paranoid about no touching it, cause he thinks its gonna zap him, i'd walk up to it and say "you know powerlines are insulated, right? they can't hurt you." and reach out and grab it to prove the point...... and act like i was getting the everlovincrap shocked outta me. almost made one guy fall off the roof he was so freaked out.. haw!

i stopped doing it after hearing some horror stories from a couple electrician buddies... i'm still not "scared" of powerlines, but i dont feel the need to test Death's patience.

"i'm still not "scared" of powerlines, but i dont feel the need to test Death's patience. "

Now, that's a good line.

+10!!!

BTW- In all my blatering about the past in my last couple of posts... I failed to mention that I have an electrical license (among others).

DON'T F-around with those electrical service lines folks... the insulating jacket DOES get cracks in it from age and exposure... and that is all it would take to make a short to ground... through your arm, accross your chest (and heart), and down your leg and out your foot (or feet)... worse case... your dead, best case... your burned at both ends, your heart and other muscles are damaged, and most likely brain damage akin to a stroke.

If you MUST... DRY rubber soled footwear, a FIBERGLASS ladder, and DRY leather gloves should be worn/used.

Now, grabbing hold of electrical service lines to freak out a laborer/helper... that's what we call the process of natural selection!! :s0155:

+10!!!

BTW- In all my blatering about the past in my last couple of posts... I failed to mention that I have an electrical license (among others).

DON'T F-around with those electrical service lines folks... the insulating jacket DOES get cracks in it from age and exposure... and that is all it would take to make a short to ground... through your arm, accross your chest (and heart), and down your leg and out your foot (or feet)... worse case... your dead, best case... your burned at both ends, your heart and other muscles are damaged, and most likely brain damage akin to a stroke.

If you MUST... DRY rubber soled footwear, a FIBERGLASS ladder, and DRY leather gloves should be worn/used.

Now, grabbing hold of electrical service lines to freak out a laborer/helper... that's what we call the process of natural selection!! :s0155:

my point exactaly but said a lot better .. lol :s0013:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top