JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am pretty sure a lot of Somalians are armed. Not quite working out for them...[/QUOT

This makes no sense at all.

I am wondering which part isn't clear to you. The guy stated that once you arm everybody, all the problems such as tyranny and crime magically go away. I don't see that happening in Somalia. So what is missing there ? Or perhaps the formula is not all that allmighty ?

Right. Because solution to the violence is more violence.

The solution to violent action is to prevent it. What non violent methods do you suggest to stop these people, that want to form their own government to rule and are using violence to achieve that goal? The people being killed mostly are not those wanting government rule. The people that want to rule, are doing the killing. The people subjected to death and torture want to simply live their lives, without any government or outside influence. Tribal traditions and peaceful seclusion is being ripped away from them in the name of progress. Government believes in a one size fits all world, in the name of law and order & it will do whatever it must to achieve these ends. True danger towards freedom comes from governments. A tribe 7000 miles away that wants to be able to put bones through their noses, without a government health inspection permit, is not a threat to anyone. Those that seek control and law n order under government rule are always going to be the greater threat.

I am wondering which part isn't clear to you. The guy stated that once you arm everybody, all the problems such as tyranny and crime magically go away. I don't see that happening in Somalia. So what is missing there ? Or perhaps the formula is not all that allmighty ?

The part where he said CRIME would go away. Where did you see that??

There is an "infamous" historical figure in European history who attempted this approach: Neville Chamberlain

Violence never solved anything; except for ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism, and pushing back COMMUNISM (although it's trying to raise its head from WITHIN our society this time, but the "cure" for THAT exists if needed.. That being men and women WILLING to lay their lives down for liberty.)

"The source of violence is not poverty. It is not gender. It is not race. It is not lack of education. It is not society. It is self-interest. And on this front, the self-proclaimed pacifists are no better than the violent. They just use different tools."

"A common problem for those whose profession is to tell violent people 'no' is encountering the sanctimonious combination of superiority and disdain some people hold for those 'holding the line.'

This is a common attitude of those:

1)
who feel they are superior because they are intelligent enough not to be violent

2)
And yet ... who at the same time feel they are also qualified to tell you how to do your job."

The solution to violent action is to prevent it. What non violent methods do you suggest to stop these people, that want to form their own government to rule and are using violence to achieve that goal? The people being killed mostly are not those wanting government rule. The people that want to rule, are doing the killing. The people subjected to death and torture want to simply live their lives, without any government or outside influence. Tribal traditions and peaceful seclusion is being ripped away from them in the name of progress. Government believes in a one size fits all world, in the name of law and order & it will do whatever it must to achieve these ends. True danger towards freedom comes from governments. A tribe 7000 miles away that wants to be able to put bones through their noses, without a government health inspection permit, is not a threat to anyone. Those that seek control and law n order under government rule are always going to be the greater threat.

From the beginning of human history there has ALWAYS been the struggle between those who would live in peace and freedom, which is seen as weakness by those with megalomaniacal aspirations. The easiest way to control a society at-large is to impose "total uniformity" in all aspects of their lives... Like "one size fits all" health care, racial/tribal quotas, etc.

The time tested method (both biblically and secularly) of "preventing war, and securing peace" is to make it too costly for a would-be invader to attack you. This requires NOT ONLY the required weaponry ranging from numbers of soldiers and the tools/equipment to not only prevail and prosecute an offensive into a would-be invader's territory should they be repelled from your borders and utterly deatroy them, but to have the will strong enough in a society to support such an endeavor.

THIS would have prevented WWII, this DID prevent the USSR from world domination, this WOULD have prevented the start of the current "Caliphate Wars" (as I have come to recognize it for what it actually is) but currently we are viewed as being weak, so the invasions currently commence.

Liberty is NOT for the faint of heart.

Wow, another awesome post from a Monday morning quarterback.

Ever been to Somalia? Or the Middle East?

I think you should get together with some friends, fly over, have a hug-fest and see how some of these people respond.

We'll be watching the news to see your body being dismembered on YouTube by these peace-loving folks.

Somalis are a tribal/clannish minded society, and generally "live by the feud" that usually has spanned countless generations in its origin... Of course like all violent conflict, it's impetus is ALWAYS "self interest" (aka the love of "money").

Somalis are a tribal/clannish minded society, and generally "live by the feud" that usually has spanned countless generations in its origin... Of course like all violent conflict, it's impetus is ALWAYS "self interest" (aka the love of "money").

Which is but one reason why we should never allow them in to our first world nations

Agreed, unless they assimilate and leave that behind... But that is a MIGHTY BIG "if" right there.

There is a Somali family half a block away from my house and they live quietly, dress their children cleanly (in traditional clothing), and so far have been good neighbors and hopefully will turn out to be assets to the citizenry.

Agreed, unless they assimilate and leave that behind... But that is a MIGHTY BIG "if" right there.

There is a Somali family half a block away from my house and they live quietly, dress their children cleanly (in traditional clothing), and so far have been good neighbors and hopefully will turn out to be assets to the citizenry.

I don't buy that. DNA is a powerful thing.. in Somalia until 5 years ago grabbing a girl off the street and raping her at will was legal

I don't buy that. DNA is a powerful thing.. in Somalia until 5 years ago grabbing a girl off the street and raping her at will was legal

While I believe that certain strains of humanity are indeed genetically predisposed to evil and/or violence, the human mind is still capable of free will.

Case in point, I hail from Northern European "Berserker" lineages and I (at times) PHYSICALLY FEEL the "rage within" when the right stressors are there, and have only fully pulled that "ripcord" once (RPG shrapnel to the nose will do that to a guy). However, that being said, I choose by deliberate decision to be a civilized citizen and "due unto others as I would have done to unto me".

If humankind was not capable of free will to choose good, (when shown good from evil) then we wouldn't be able to hold offenders responsible for their actions, would we? ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top