JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Labradoodle. Greatest dog ever. Hands down. No bark. Unless it's the fed ex driver. She's increased just a touch on being more defensive.

2nd, miniature long hair silver dapple wiener dog. Again awesome dog. Awesome! No bite. All love. Like flop on his back and gives this look of I'm a seal, pet me.

Typical Pit Bull Terrier.

So, loves people and wants to lick them endlessly.

And is pretty dog aggressive except with select dog friends that she has weekly playdates with.

I'm a good dog person/trainer, so I can get her to eventually get along with any dogs I want her to -- but her general initial response is going to be looking for a fight. Many, many times she doesn't seem interested in starting a fight, but boy does she love it when the other dog does stuff that makes her think a fight is on like growl and snarl at her. In other words, she's not terribly visually aggressive, she will rarely bark or growl first -- but she's true to her breed and would never, ever turn down a fight or challenge.

That animal aggression generalizes to most other animals like cats and squirrel and deer. Cats she hates the most. Every time we see one it's a very unique growl that I've never seen her use on a dog or anything. She used a similar growl once on a young buck we turned a corner in the woods on who fled very quickly. Pretty shocked we even got that close to him to begin with. This was behind Hagg Lake.

We ran into a gigantic coyote in Forest Park the other day and she went to try to play with it, thinking it was a normal dog. It ran away pretty quickly, but she surprised me with that one.

Typical to her breed, she loves people and kids.

She is pretty gaurddoggy about people out front or trying to come through the front door, but she immediately chills out for anyone I personally let in the house.

She's a mostly true to breed Pit Bull, but her best friend is a black labradoodle and they play at least twice a week. Another best friend of hers in a Pembroke Corgi, who she's very gentle with and who is very rough with her. She let's him nibble on her cheeks and win playfights. She also has an English bulldog friend, a pure lab friend, and unbelievably there's one chihuahua who barks at everything but for whatever reason they get along.

She's a little big for her breed, at 60-65lbs. Absolutely gorgeous girl, though. Especially when she gets closer to 55lbs. I can't get my dad to quit overfeeding her when they hang out, which is a lot since I had to put my dad's dog down.

Last Edited:
My 7 yr old lab/golden retriever mix barks at everything. Always worried about who's outside, always has to let people know it's her yard and her house. Acts big and tough but she's pure loveable Lab when she gets a chance to meet you.
She doesn't care about other dogs that much. Kind of a nervous energy when sniffing and greeting but she has never started a fight. Some dogs she gets excited to see when on walks and other dogs she could care less about.
At dog daycare she is more concerned about whose throwing the ball than she is about any of the other dogs. If they can't throw the ball she has no use for them.

Does your Lassie or Laddie enjoy people. or does Fido have to be restrained when you have him or her in the public eye. please indicate the breed or mix of your pet."

My dog's named Killer II, cause he killed Killer I:confused:

When I get to be worth 200 million, ok I won't, but if I do, I want one of those Belgium Malenwas. (Spelling), and spend about 50k on his security training.
No bark. Just complete joystick instructions. Again zero bark. Just that Clint Eastwood look....

1 french mastiff male (think turner and hooch)- big, nasty looking, deep frightening bark/roar of a teddy bear. Loves kids and adults, but when him and the German Shepard male are on point it is an ominous thing to see coming in tandem with the male Queensland healer leading the charge.
They don't play well with other male dogs, but then again we don't do doggie parks as we live in the sticks on a farm.

Everyone that knows them well know that they are good dogs but it's almost laughable when people swing up the 1/4 mile long driveway off the forest service rd. Right past the no trespassing and beware of dog signs and are met by the trio, as of yet nobody that doesn't know us well has gotten out of their rig until I came out of the house and some just back down the driveway. good dogs!:D

My Czech Shepherd was gentle as a lamb with our cats and little Daschunds, but any other dog not directly related to the family he would want to immediately dominate. He was also extremely gentle with babies and little kids, but when it came to strange dogs I had to keep the leash/pinch collar tight.

1 french mastiff male (think turner and hooch)- big, nasty looking, deep frightening bark/roar of a teddy bear. Loves kids and adults, but when him and the German Shepard male are on point it is an ominous thing to see coming in tandem with the male Queensland healer leading the charge.
They don't play well with other male dogs, but then again we don't do doggie parks as we live in the sticks on a farm.

Everyone that knows them well know that they are good dogs but it's almost laughable when people swing up the 1/4 mile long driveway off the forest service rd. Right past the no trespassing and beware of dog signs and are met by the trio, as of yet nobody that doesn't know us well has gotten out of their rig until I came out of the house and some just back down the driveway. good dogs!:D
Hooch. That was my nickname growing up.

I love pit bulls, when I lived in Florida we used them to hunt and catch hogs with no guns. The pit dog I have now is stupid as they come, he just cant seem to be trained not to bark. He does live with other dogs cats and baby. The pit that I had when I was younger was unbelievable, he loved almost all people and got along with almost all other dogs.

We have an old Boarder Collie, Niko. He is very social with people, but not in a loving "pet me" sort of way. With a Boarder Collie, they have to have a job and Niko's job is to play fetch. If he's awake, then he has a toy and he trying to get you to play. If he not at your elbow or side with a toy, he's somewhere sleeping. So, when people come over he just figures more people to play with. He smart, sociable and gentle.

Niko is NOT social with other dogs. He is very protective and proactive. He won't sniff noses, it's straight to hackles, bared teeth and growling. We'll be walking on the leash and people will let their dog trot up saying "he's friendly," while I am doing all I can to keep Niko from ripping it to shreds. It annoys the hell out of me.

I didn't raise Niko, I got him along with my wife. Her and her previous husband raised him and the guy was a jerk and use to reward him for going after other dogs. My family has raised a bunch of dogs, my sister and I trained guide dog puppies growing up. We just cannot get him to socialize with other dogs. We've tried everything. It's sad, I'd like a puppy a dog of my own, but not while Niko is here, he won't have it.

I've had tons of different breed critters over the years and it's been a 75-25 mix of social ones to anti -social ones.

But then I'd had nothing but Wolf Hybrids for well over 20 years and most would rip your face off if you didn't belong there. And to any other dog coming into there territory,,a death sentence, wolfs don't share there territory well at all!

Mine were all Arctic Wolf, Great White Perinnese and Shepard mix's and they all had both the good and bad traits of each breed. But don't ever expect to be able to really train one or expect it to be friendly to anything outside of the pack generally . It just doesn't work that way wolfs,,it's a give and take thing with them and they still remain somewhat wild even if well socialized. I've had 3-4 that were somewhat friendly to everyone, but they still had to warm up to you on there own terms only. There not for everyone nor do all of them make good pets.

But In my case they were outstanding with my family and super loyal and protective of our kids and the family. When my kids were babies the kids could crawl all over them and pull there hair,and do what ever and the hybrids wouldn't mind one bit and you'd likely find any of them sleeping with King or Shasha all curled up together sleeping on the sofa with every one being just contented as could be!! There AWESOME guard "dogs".

One in particular, King" loved the ladies and kids but if he didn't know you, he would grab your shirt sleave and lead you to the chair HE wanted you to sit in and wouldn't let go till you did. Very funny actually sense he was the biggest of the bunch at 187 and had 2 7/8" canine teeth, but was also the most loving of the bunch,,He loved everyone. But God he had some funny traits!
Longevity is great with hybrids too, mine all lived to a minimum of 15 and King lived well into his 18th year. I Love wolf hybrids, you just have to remember to socialize them when very young and don't even think about training them,,,they do what they pretty darn well want to and about the best you'll get out of them is a come here and a sit,,that's about it!! They defiantly have a mind of there own and your not likely to be able to train them to do "stupid dog tricks".
But mine were all high wolf % so that matters too. Lower percentage wolfs were much easier to train and way more loyal than any other breed I've had.

They were all in the 160-187 lb range and ate nothing but raw meat 99% of the time. Being from farm country I always had access to still born calf's or downed cows for food for them.

God Forbid any other critter got near the carcass though,,there would be "Hell to pay" !!

I have 3 Chow /Shepard cross's right now. But when these guys are gone I'm getting another hybrid though. Wolf breeds and I just seem connect for some reason. Even strangers ones. All critters even ugly ones seem to like my for some reason. Don't know why??

I guess that's why my 2 nd Great Grandma named me "Talks With Animals", that's my given Abanaki name. Hence the TWA in my user name.

The dog is a mutt bred of some sort. Pretty OK. Haven't had too many issues. Scratches in the late Spring and through Summer. We think it has to do with allergies. We feed it well and it is grateful. Loves everyone and everything.

Except the cat!

The cat wondered around and wouldn't leave. Dog and it fought, barked/hissed, chased each other, etc. After a week or so they calmed down and seem to get along OK now.

It's not very pretty. Kind of ugly actually. We keep it outside and it seems to prefer it that way. No sweat off our backs. I still don't trust it at is seem real skiddish around me and the fam. Maybe the previously family abused it or something. I don't know.

Any way, gotta love them!

dog and cat.jpg

Dogs reflect there owners. Just like horses do.

I have two rescue dogs and they act totally different, I know allot has to do with training and what is expected of them. But my one dog is just dumb, in fact he is the one in my picture. I almost wish I hadnt spent 5k on his back hips, but my son didnt need another loss in his life at the time. I lived on a ranch for awhile and we had one horse that was a total bubblegum, he bit someone every chance he got. Most are a reflection of there owners than not and some are there own creature.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top