JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does your Lassie or Laddie enjoy people. or does Fido have to be restrained when you have him or her in the public eye. please indicate the breed or mix of your pet.

cartoon3.jpg

cartoon3.jpg

Our 14 month old yellow lab seems to love everyone. She's convinced that every person that comes to the house is here to see her, and that she must greet them with a head to foot bath. She has her play dates with several other dogs and it's a full 3 hours they can take a break from running and rolling together. She doesn't care much for other dogs being taken for a walk in front of our house. However, she was really worried about our neighbors blow up Santa at Christmas time. It was a combination of barking, head turning, and whimpering coming from her as she looked out the front window.

She loves going for rides, especially taking Dad to the airport or picking me up. She's convinced that all the people at the airport are there to see her, so she smiles and wags her tail for her fans. If you ever notice a little black car circling PDX, that has a yellow lab sticking her head out the window, that would be her.

My 9 y/o sharpei seems to think everyone tastes great & always wants to get a good sample, especially of any animals she might see. This makes walking her a
bit of a trick as I try to avoid coming into contact with any of the free samples, I mean neighbors & their pets while we are walking. She has missed one run-in with
the county dog catcher from her last attempt to taste a friendly lil' dog, even though I paid the vet bill and the friendly lady's Dr bill-unfortunately she was bitten by
her own dog but never realized it and I refuse to turn a member of my family into the doggy popo. If you see a friendly lil' (she weighs 60lbs) wrinkled black& white
spotted sharpei looking hungrily in your direction you might wanna keep an eye out for a good place to hide inside of. If you do get away unscathed listen for her to
begin whining, she always does that whenever she has been cheated out of a snack.

10 years old pound mutt -- 80# Boxer and probably Bullmastiff or Corso. She's pretty indifferent as far as other dogs are concerned. With people, she is an extremely good judge of character. Upon first encounter with a stranger she is a bit standoffish. She has a very quiet and alert demeanor -- Never growls, barks or jumps. Once you've passed the test, she's about the friendliest dog on the planet. I would trust her off-leash in any situation.

My 6 year old Rott has a ferocious bark/roar for anyone she doesn't know but as soon as she's introduced she's a good girl. Good with other dogs and people, she doesn't like people horseing around too much or her herding instincts kick in and she'll wedge herself in and separate you.

My Newfoundland loves everyone. My Rott taught him how to bark at people through the fence but he just does it for fun. He just wants to run and love and play, just have to be careful with the little guys around him cuz he's a big goofy brutus and his tail can sweep the coffee table clean and knock a 3 year old over if he's not ready.

Our 14 month old yellow lab seems to love everyone. She's convinced that every person that comes to the house is here to see her, and that she must greet them with a head to foot bath. She has her play dates with several other dogs and it's a full 3 hours they can take a break from running and rolling together. She doesn't care much for other dogs being taken for a walk in front of our house. However, she was really worried about our neighbors blow up Santa at Christmas time. It was a combination of barking, head turning, and whimpering coming from her as she looked out the front window.

My 13 month old lab is almost exactly the same, except she rarely barks. That's a good thing.

Mutt (pitt cross) is friendly and social in public, unless in the bed of the truck and on guard. If that is the case, people generally know better than to get within range. When at home, he will worry people he knows to death with licks. If you are new or not supposed to be there, watch out and don't move suddenly. And he HATES the Fedex guy, but the cute brunette girl that drives for UPS could probably rob my place blind and he would just lick her hand.

Hound is sociable and loveavle
Pyrn is loving and everyone loves her. she is a Princess and she knows it.
Maremma is loving and very sensitive, but loves attention.

But be warned, You mess with my family you better be faster than Jessie Owens in the 39 Olympics because my dogs are merciless when their flock is attacked.

I have a 6yr old German Shepherd 120lbs of good boy,great with kids the smaller the better for him loves to fetch chuck it balls great with everyone . unless you want to come over when I'm not home I understand he is a different dog or so i have been told . you can be my best friend but if daddy isn't home your not welcome, I have tried and tried to train it out of him but no such luck . My yellow lab will lick you to death, But momma is safe and secure when I'm out working .

Does your Lassie or Laddie enjoy people. or does Fido have to be restrained when you have him or her in the public eye. please indicate the breed or mix of your pet.

View attachment 77010

View attachment 77010
My German Shepherd is a great watchdog. She kept the heroin addicts and meth heads out of my house when I lived in Milwaukie. A 90 lb dog that barks and bites. If I am home, she will sniff you and then walk away. As long as I tell her to anyway.

My last shepherd (100+ lbs) liked everybody that wasn't aggressive, but he loved kids. He got along with other dogs too, within the same guidelines. Cats, not so much.
What he wouldn't tolerate was aggression towards kids, from either adult people or dogs. Adult people he would warn, aggressive dogs were fair game.
One day a guy noticed his kids playing with, and lovin' on him. He asked if my dog would bite. I had to tell him not to worry about his kids, but not to try and spank them with the dog around, because I couldn't guarantee his safety if he did.

Had a rot/lab that was insanely mild mannered (got her when the daughter was 3, so she got a strict training in tolerance) best dog I've ever owned and made it to 14.

Have two little dogs now. My Lasha Apso will recognize someone who hasn't been to the house in years but will bark up a storm at new people until I let them in (I guess he figures if I did it it's ok to shut the hell up). While out of the house though he has and will bite depending on the person. He will always give a warning growl first and has never broke skin but everyone want to pet him - so I tell each person, your welcome to try but if he growls your about to get bit... He absolutely will not tolerate another dog showing interest in him and will attack even well meaning dogs so he is always leashed. He used to watch my work truck so that is I am sure a lot of my fault for not nipping (ha) that in the bud.

My wife's bubblegumzu is a real sweat heart but is terrified of other dogs (not mine, she will take him on) and strangers or even acquaintances (who we have very little of over to the house), so way less tolerant then mine.

I have to say though, if I were that size, I would be terrified of everything bigger then me also:p.

So social a parenting plan and or restraining order is needed. LOL
Just kidding. Both of our dogs are friendly with folks they know and watchful of folks they don't know.
They do warm up to new people , just takes a little time.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads