JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I recall correctly...Tom Givens of Range Time has had $10,000 gathering dust for over 20 years for anyone that come up with a CCW confrontation where a magazine change has altered the outcome of the incident.

With the current trend for more of a mob mentality...that may change

When I'm carrying I always use the stall. You're never more vulnerable than when you have your wang in your hand.
Same. People can laugh all they want. I'm not a huge fan of standing with my d!ck out and my back to the door.

But that's just me. Carry location on my body wouldn't change that. I always use a stall.

If I recall correctly...Tom Givens of Range Time has had $10,000 gathering dust for over 20 years for anyone that come up with a CCW confrontation where a magazine change has altered the outcome of the incident.

With the current trend for more of a mob mentality...that may change
I carry 2 extra mags…. I'm so used to it now that I don't even notice.

I also work in Portland….. so my chances of needing a gun skyrocket compared to working in outlying areas.

Or Army Rangers vs. Crips.

Tacoma, WA, 1989: "For an estimated 10 to 30 minutes, the two groups exchanged intense fire in a "gun battle" on the streets of residential Tacoma. Witnesses said "hundreds of rounds from handguns, shotguns and semiautomatic weapons were fired." Somehow, no one was hurt." (military.com)
My Brother lived in that same neighborhood for nearly the same reasons a few years later.
Some rumors...
Bill Foulk and his friends engaged in suppressive fire only. How and why, they were adequately prepared that evening has yet to be explained.
Their weapons were personally owned and had nothing to do with their issued weapons. For those of us that served it didn't need to be said but the civilian population doesn't understand how completely secured and restricted issued weapons are. Without orders release of a weapon from a military armory to an individual is near impossible.
The weapons were returned in short order.
Just rumors...

I might not need a magazine change, I might not need a pistol, but I am going to carry both.
My hope is if I need them, I have enough.

I might not need a magazine change, I might not need a pistol, but I am going to carry both.
My hope is if I need them, I have enough.
Agreed. I carry as much as I can on my person within reason. Hoping not to have to deploy any of it.

-Pistol
-2 extra mags
-Fixed blade
-Cat TQ
-Flash light
-Folding blade

This may sound funny but I feel like it depends on what you carry. I have a hard time justifying a carry gun with a capacity of 10 or below. Check out this article the suspect was hit with 14 rounds of 45ACP.. I say carry as much as you comfortably can. If I wasn't worried about pirates breaking into my trunk every time I go to the grocery store I would keep my JAKL or my AK pistol in the trunk. https://www.police1.com/officer-sho...5-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job-clGBbLYpnqqHxwMq/

This may sound funny but I feel like it depends on what you carry. I have a hard time justifying a carry gun with a capacity of 10 or below. Check out this article the suspect was hit with 14 rounds of 45ACP.. I say carry as much as you comfortably can. If I wasn't worried about pirates breaking into my trunk every time I go to the grocery store I would keep my JAKL or my AK pistol in the trunk. https://www.police1.com/officer-sho...5-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job-clGBbLYpnqqHxwMq/
52 rounds of 9mm on my person everyday.

52 rounds of 9mm on my person everyday.
You got me beat.... I only have 44+1

But my backup is:

1675199473939.png

It's a little known fact that OR state operates in dog year terms. So 10 round magazine really means 70 round magazine. But those 100 round drums are out... :( (j/k)

I live and work in a pretty low key area as far as crime goes and feel comfortable with 15 rounds total on my person, 7 plus one in the gun and a spare 7 round mag. Of course if I am near my vehicle I have extra ammo and mags that I keep in it. If I go to the big city I will ramp up a bit but I rarely do that. Go to the big city that is!

What keeps me from needing to carry 150 rounds is I'm breaking contact with the BG at the very first chance. I'm not chasing him down as he soaks up bullets. DR

We don't get to choose the terms of our altercation with a BG - they do. We can hope they will disengage upon experiencing armed resistance, but that doesn't always happen. Likewise, we can hope to run away at the first opportunity, but that opportunity may never present itself. If they're hopped up on drugs or genuinely motivated to cause harm, we may not be able to avoid or escape the threat. Also, there is no guarantee the threat will be just one person, as BGs often run in packs. Not saying we should load up in full battle rattle for every outing, but we should be cognizant of the fact that the bad guy dictates the terms of the engagement. We just get to choose how we respond.

We don't get to choose the terms of our altercation with a BG - they do. We can hope they will disengage upon experiencing armed resistance, but that doesn't always happen. Likewise, we can hope to run away at the first opportunity, but that opportunity may never present itself. If they're hopped up on drugs or genuinely motivated to cause harm, we may not be able to avoid or escape the threat. Also, there is no guarantee the threat will be just one person, as BGs often run in packs. Not saying we should load up in full battle rattle for every outing, but we should be cognizant of the fact that the bad guy dictates the terms of the engagement. We just get to choose how we respond.
There's also the "P" factor at play here, a sudden rush of sh!t to the brains that causes the BG to go into Fight or Flight mode! Adrenaline is a very strong drug, someone intent to make a victim commits themselves to that act, when they encounter any resistance to that, the"P" factor kicks in and they become completely unpredictable! Amped up on the adrenaline rush, they can be capable of almost super human things, and that increases the escalation factor many times over! In short, effectively stopping THAT becomes a major challenge. Now, multiply that by the use of narcotics which amplify certain behaviors we don't normally see, and the threat grows ever greater! This is why capacity limits are so damn dangerous, our own functionality with the sudden rush of sh!t to the brain now comes into play, do we end up with a pants on head solution, or are we somehow able to focused just enough to exercise our own fight or flight response, do you get stuck in, or do you boogie? That's the big question, and why many of us that choose to carry, carry the larger capacity of munitions we choose, your dealing with a deck stacked against you every time you strap on and step out the front door!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top