JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since most gun owners are law-abiding citizens, I suspect most would grudgingly turn them over and use the political/legal system to try and get them back. A few would 'bury' them and claim they sold or lost them. An even smaller number would refuse on principal and be taken to jail in protest (and lose them anyway). And only the smallest number would actually use them - and most likely die - to keep them.

Assuming this turned out to be the true breakdown (no chance for courage through strength-in-numbers), being quite sane and knowing full-well that I don't want to die and am inherently a non-violent person, I would hope to find myself in the second-last category.

This is why it is so important that we do everything we can now to prevent this horrible scenario from actually occurring. We could have gotten a huge start by not electing the current president (and I fully acknowledge that the alternate choice was not all that much better), but some of us were simply naive. Unfortunately, we now have a bigger battle ahead of us.

Nope.. even in commiefornia non compliance with registration was at 90%

Nope.. even in commiefornia non compliance with registration was at 90%

If that's true, that's very encouraging. Perhaps category 2 is the best way to go. But you don't make a 'statement' choosing category 2.
I want the good people in this country to see the government putting good people in jail. It might get them thinking about the tyranny of that. So, alternatively, you could choose category 2, but make the statement 'heck no' anyway.

What if the world runs out of toilet paper? What if all the traffic lights went out at the same exact moment? What if one of those flying carps flings itself into your boat motor? What if mall cops were forbidden to wear smokey the bear hats? What if Smokey the Bear had a campfire get out of control? What if a fart is productive? What if Obama or any other government entity asked me to hand in my guns? What if I spend a whole lot more time contemplating the answers to all those other what if's first?

What if gun owners wouldn't have voted for obama? I said it before...I don't like Romney, but would take a first term of his, over a second term of obama's all day long. Now it's time to pay the price for your lack of wisdom.

Assuming that the 51% of the country that voted Obama included gun owners... I used to assume that I was part of a silent majority, that I was too busy working, paying taxes, etc to vocally object to gun grabbing politicians like Feinstein and Obama to say a lot. Yes, I joined the NRA 35 years ago and upped my membership to Endowment status 20 years ago, but other than that, I haven't done a lot to object to the political and media agendas. This latest round of assault on the 2A has caused me to revisit that idea. The last election cycle in Washington showed a 81% voter turn out and we elected a host of gun grabbing, liberal members of state and federal positions; including Obama. I can no longer assume that I am part of a "silent majority". We as a group, need to work HARD on educating the media mesmerized members of the general population who believe Hollywood as a source of fact regarding guns and gun control. My mother-in-law is one of these. She believes "assault" weapons should be banned as they "aren't even any good for hunting because they would just tear up an animal beyond use anyway". Not until I produced a round from a AK-7 and stood it next to my 7mm that I use for hunting was she able to see the difference between the "evil assault weapon" and the "benign hunting rifle" ammo. I have now signed up to volunteer for NRA efforts and I will work hard the rest of whatever time I have left to try to preserve our 2A rights. I only hope I haven't waited too long to take action.

Assuming that the 51% of the country that voted Obama included gun owners...

There is no need to assume that. Voter turnout was under 60%. So it's more like at least 31% of the country (of eligible voters) voted for Obama, 29% against, and 40% didn't care either way.

<broken link removed>

Well' that makes me feel marginally better I guess.... BTW I like your footer... Is that to say them that both parties are right twice a day for one minute?

Last Edited:
Well' that makes me feel marginally better I guess.... BTW I like your footer... Is that to say them that both parties are right twice a day for one minute?

Something like that. When Republicans get a good thing going, Democrats oppose. When Democrats are right on something, Republicans oppose :)

Not that I think anything that drastic will happen, but what if?

My answer is, as the saying goes: "you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

If Obama personally comes to my door, I'll hand it to him. If he personally takes the time and effort to do so, he must really mean it. (Plus, of course, he'd have many armed guards around him who would kill me if I refused.)

Nobody is going to take away our guns. At worst (which is still pretty bad,) they'd do like the 1994 ban - ban *NEW* guns, and just like 1994, gun makers will figure out loopholes. (And I doubt they'll even get to something like the 1994 ban.)

There is no need to assume that. Voter turnout was under 60%. So it's more like at least 31% of the country (of eligible voters) voted for Obama, 29% against, and 40% didn't care either way.

<broken link removed>

Well, 40% of Democrats own guns - so it's safe to assume that there are plenty of gun-owning Democrats who voted for him.

And just because someone owns a gun doesn't mean they agree in full-freedom for gun rights. There are plenty of gun owners out there (even conservatives,) who own just one gun - probably a hunting rifle/shotgun - who know that no amount of regulation would matter to their gun, so just plain don't care about regulations.

Recent polls show that over 40% of NRA members are in favor of more gun laws. Because by and large, most people (including those who own guns) just aren't that invested in our rights (including gun rights.) Sad, but true.

If even a plurality of people honestly cared about our rights, no lawmaker who voted for the Patriot act would still be in congress.

If Obama had tried this before the election we wouldn't be referring to him as the President either.
He knew that when he told the Brady foundation that it would take time. I really wonder what he meant when he told Putin to chill and quit making waves until after he was reelected? Whats next Prez?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top