JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1 for every 2 people?
1 for every 2 citizens?
300 million?
2 for every 1 citizen?

Total US Firearms: Not 300 Million, but 412-660 Million? The numbers are all over the place, and many of them seem to recursively refer to one another, not exactly building confidence in the rigor of their development. But they seem to cluster around a Narrative-friendly 300 million. But what if that number is wrong? We believe that the correct number is much higher — somewhere between 412 and 660 million. You may wonder how we came to that number, so buckle up (and cringe, if you're a math-phobe, although it never gets too theoretical): unlike most of the academics and reporters we linked above, we're going to use publicly available data, and show our work.

unrelated but interesting:
For legal reasons, A2K is kept separate from all other agency computer systems, and while it is on the public internet for maintenance purposes, it has no direct connection to any other ATF database.
If you are on the internet, you are hackable - other people probably have access - like Russians.

I've been seeing the 300-320 million figure for going on 25 years...
....so unless the old ones are being thrown away to buy new ones:rolleyes:, I'd tend to believe it's much, much higher :)

I found this document.. it appears to be three.

upload_2018-2-19_19-15-17.jpeg

That 300 million number has been floating around for a long time. I think they don't want to let on how many guns got sold during Obama's reign. It was a lot.

Interesting, considering that 300-320 million number is some 25-30 years old...

I'd be interested in understanding what the various firearms manufacturers produced during the Odingbat's Administration... That would give you a more accurate look at how many are
potentially in the public's hands. I'm guessing they're numbers are off by nearly 100 million...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top