JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently submitted paperwork for a suppressor. The check was cashed this week. How long have you guys been typically waiting to get your stamp after they cash your check? I here all kinds of time frames and wanted to hear from those of you who have actually recieved your tax stamp.

Your best bet is to go to NFA Tracker (NFATracker.com ATF Form 1 and Form 4 Tracking website)

You can look at lots of different reports based on different data points. They also track "last 6 months" trends which is a pretty good indicator of how things have started to slow down.

My latest experience: Purchased a Sparrow and ACC Tirant9 10/19/12, delivered to dealer 2/9/13, Form 4s received at NFA branch 2/14/13, Checks cashed 2/15, Pending 3/27, Approved 8/25, stamps in my hand 8/31.

One side note: The local dealer where I purchased my suppressors was shutting down his business on 9/1/13 so ATF accelerated the approvals just days before he shut down so YMMV.

Good luck.

Recently submitted paperwork for a suppressor. The check was cashed this week. How long have you guys been typically waiting to get your stamp after they cash your check? I here all kinds of time frames and wanted to hear from those of you who have actually recieved your tax stamp.

My check was cashed early February. Final pending (approval) on July 15th. ATF says 90 days after that. My SOT says 7 months from date of initial pending. With the current volume and the political climate I think you can expect to wait 10-11 months.
:s0129::s0092::s0092:

The last 2 suppressors and 1 SBR took 8 weeks from check cashed to "pending" then...
6 months from original "pending" to the "2nd pending" date then...
90 days from "2nd Pending" to approved.

Looks like ~11 months from check cashed to approved.

You can skip most of the 8 week wait if you use the eForms with a Trust :winkkiss:

And NFATracker is your best bet to keep it all straight and the site owner is local in Portland :s0155:

9 months from original "pending" is the response I get now every time I call.
90 days from "2nd Pending."
An the last 2 suppressors took 8 weeks from check cashed to "pending" so...

I would say 11 months from check cashed to approved...

You can skip most of the 8 week wait if you use the eForms with a Trust :winkkiss:

And NFATracker is your best bet to keep it all straight and the site owner is local in Portland :s0155:

+1 I just got an approval and it was around 10 months.

My last one was 5 months total time. That was back in May, before that I've had ones go as soon as 2 months, and as long as 6 months. There doesn't seem to be any rush when it comes to the Feds at work! :huh: Gary

I have several pending, one set was submitted January of this year, came back for an error correction about 4 or 5 weeks ago and have been waiting since. My dealer says it can be any time now since they have the forms back. He has had errors corrections returned in as little as 2 weeks, I hope I get them back before it starts snowing!

I was told it takes about 8 weeks for anything to even get into the system last week.

Ridiculous.

Tempted to contribute some money every year to the family to pay the SOT and add me on the FFL.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top