Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How long are we waiting now?

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by sapper77, Sep 19, 2013.

1. sapper77

sapper77 Linn County Active Member

Recently submitted paperwork for a suppressor. The check was cashed this week. How long have you guys been typically waiting to get your stamp after they cash your check? I here all kinds of time frames and wanted to hear from those of you who have actually recieved your tax stamp.

2. ThePhonMan

ThePhonMan Spokanistan Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Your best bet is to go to NFA Tracker (NFATracker.com ATF Form 1 and Form 4 Tracking website)

You can look at lots of different reports based on different data points. They also track “last 6 months” trends which is a pretty good indicator of how things have started to slow down.

My latest experience: Purchased a Sparrow and ACC Tirant9 10/19/12, delivered to dealer 2/9/13, Form 4s received at NFA branch 2/14/13, Checks cashed 2/15, Pending 3/27, Approved 8/25, stamps in my hand 8/31.

One side note: The local dealer where I purchased my suppressors was shutting down his business on 9/1/13 so ATF accelerated the approvals just days before he shut down so YMMV.

Good luck.

3. Liberty97045

Liberty97045 Oregon City Well-Known Member

My check was cashed early February. Final pending (approval) on July 15th. ATF says 90 days after that. My SOT says 7 months from date of initial pending. With the current volume and the political climate I think you can expect to wait 10-11 months.
    :sleep::dunno::dunno:

4. bigmacattack

bigmacattack KING COUNTY Member

Just got my trust set up and I'll find out with you.....

5. miloy001

miloy001 Tualatin, OR Member

Mine sent out at 2/23/2012 but not approved yet.

6. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

I submitted mine two weeks ago, based on the wait time predictor at NFA Tracker I'll probably get the stamp by the end of May '14. Sandra Snook appears to be running a 207 day average (forms mailed to stamp received).

Get a login and input your info, then try the wait time predictor for yourself.

NFATracker.com ATF Form 1 and Form 4 Tracking website

7. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

The last 2 suppressors and 1 SBR took 8 weeks from check cashed to "pending" then...
    6 months from original "pending" to the "2nd pending" date then...
    90 days from "2nd Pending" to approved.

Looks like ~11 months from check cashed to approved.

You can skip most of the 8 week wait if you use the eForms with a Trust :winkkiss:

And NFATracker is your best bet to keep it all straight and the site owner is local in Portland :thumbup:

8. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

+1 I just got an approval and it was around 10 months.

9. captqc

captqc Tigard Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

My last one was 5 months total time. That was back in May, before that I've had ones go as soon as 2 months, and as long as 6 months. There doesn't seem to be any rush when it comes to the Feds at work! :huh: Gary

10. Liberty97045

Liberty97045 Oregon City Well-Known Member

10 Months from what? The date you sent it? Check Cash? Pending?

11. Schwabdl

Schwabdl Hillsboro Active Member

NFA is quoting 16 months

12. TDH

TDH Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm going on 9 months :( I thought 6 months was forever for my first one.

13. tjwong

tjwong PDX Member

I have several pending, one set was submitted January of this year, came back for an error correction about 4 or 5 weeks ago and have been waiting since. My dealer says it can be any time now since they have the forms back. He has had errors corrections returned in as little as 2 weeks, I hope I get them back before it starts snowing!

14. BDA.45

BDA.45 oregon Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Convinced a buddy to go class III and he did. His check was cashed 4 months ago, they told him possibly by May or something.... That was on monday of this week...

15. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Too freaking long, that's something we all can agree about.

16. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I was told it takes about 8 weeks for anything to even get into the system last week.

Ridiculous.

Tempted to contribute some money every year to the family to pay the SOT and add me on the FFL.

17. RifleEnthusiast

RifleEnthusiast Close to Oregon City Active Member

Sorry to hijack the thread, but you didn't have to "register" it with the state did you? I filled out the papers, got them notarized, but I wanted to see if I need to register the trust with someone before I proceed to using it for my first purchase :)

18. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

In short, nope. The state knows nothing about it.

19. RifleEnthusiast

RifleEnthusiast Close to Oregon City Active Member

Great, thanks, well in that case, it wasn't as bad as some of the websites tried making the "hassle of setting up a trust" sound like, I printed it, took a buddy of mine to witness and got it notarized in a couple hours.

20. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

The check cash to pending all happens pretty fast. 10 months was from around the time I sent the paperwork in.