JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
image.jpeg

Hot enough to where the cones in our work zone were lethargic.....they were probably dehydrated, didn't drink enough water like me....:D

I drank about 350 oz of water out of my camelbak today. Thankfully I don't work tomorrow

Our poor little 5000BTU window air conditioner ran constant until we went to bed at 10:00. Temp in the bedroom at the back of the house was about 78, and it was 81 outside. I never noticed what a high was due to all the water being sprayed around the temp sender.

As I've got older I can't stand that CRAP! My poor vegetables....I already have 50% sun shade for the cukes and beans in back, but the beans still have a tough time even though they're watered well. I mist them several times a day to stop the leaves from burning.

All windows open, three fans going. Temp outside, 62.1, inside 68.0. Brace yourselves folks, gonna be a bit hotter today! But they say by afternoon the humidity will be in the teens! :s0115:

Our poor little 5000BTU window air conditioner ran constant until we went to bed at 10:00. Temp in the bedroom at the back of the house was about 78, and it was 81 outside. I never noticed what a high was due to all the water being sprayed around the temp sender.

As I've got older I can't stand that CRAP! My poor vegetables....I already have 50% sun shade for the cukes and beans in back, but the beans still have a tough time even though they're watered well. I mist them several times a day to stop the leaves from burning.

All windows open, three fans going. Temp outside, 62.1, inside 68.0. Brace yourselves folks, gonna be a bit hotter today! But they say by afternoon the humidity will be in the teens! :s0115:
Off topic a bit, but regarding your veggies...when we were in Israel they have miles and miles of produce growing down by the Dead Sea and it is all screened with black mesh and they use drip irrigation. It is so successful the Jordanians partnered with them and now the Jordan side of the Dead Sea is flush with produce. Very little water is available there because the Jordan river is pretty much used up by the time it gets to that area.

Thankful to have A/C at home. Not central air so our bedroom, on the back of the house and with complete southern exposure tends to get uncomfortable. Well, this year we finally broke down and bought a 10,000 BTU portable unit for the bedroom. Wow, what a difference. It makes sleeping in this heat so much easier. Normally these heat waves would leave me with only an hour or two a night, last night I got my full 6 hours in.

Upper 90s in the valley in town, outside of town about 5* less, then at home on the mountain (900') with the tall trees it was lower 80s - still warm but not hot.

Inside, 72* because I left the A/C (small window unit) on all day anticipating the heat. About 70* outside right now.

In my office it is air conditioned so quite comfortable all day - even feels good to go outside for a few minutes to have the sun on my neck and shoulders.

My neighbor who repairs industrial HVAC equipment talked me into installing a heat pump when I was building my new addition.
I don't miss that clunky old window unit I used for years.

Working the A/C real hard. Front of the house is southern exposure, so the front bedroom is the litmus test...

Thermometer set at 70, and it is indeed 70 downstairs... That upstairs south facing bedroom is a comfortable 75...

I spent all day today on the white membrane roof @ SolarWorld fixing and cleaning one of their BADLY neglected Trane Intellipak 60-ton rooftop units that broke down last night. The sun beaming down, then reflecting back up from the white membrane roof... That's FRAKIN' HOT! o_O

it was 103 here. i left work at 4, probably sweat off 5 pounds today lol. wife and i drove over to lincoln city to have dinner, a beer and watch the sun set. when we got there it was 79 and when we left it was 63. back in town an hour ago, it was 86 and in my house its 72 :D

I spent all day today on the white membrane roof @ SolarWorld fixing and cleaning one of their BADLY neglected Trane Intellipak 60-ton rooftop units that broke down last night. The sun beaming down, then reflecting back up from the white membrane roof... That's FRAKIN' HOT! o_O
Take care of yourself out there, stay hydrated. Take care of yourself amigo!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top